6. "Duh Farren, it's a castle"

Selena Gomez - Wolves

I groan and rub my head, I place my hand on the hard, cold floor. wait, what? I sit up and look around. The walls are dark grey and there's a gate in front of me, it's a cell, I'm in a cell, it's so cold here, and there's dry blood splattered on the walls and dirt everywhere.

Ew!

A soft cry catches my attention, it's coming from Anna who is sitting in the corner of the cell with her face in her hands, I crawl over to her and take her hands in mine, I give her a small smile and she hugs me tightly "Farren I'm so sorry, I should've done something. I'm the oldest, I'm supposed to be the responsible one" she cries and I frown "Anna it's not your fault, we'll find a way out" I sit next to her and put my head on her shoulder. How are we going to get out of this place, what are they going to do with us? Stupid, stupid Farren!

I was told not to leave, but do I listen? No, I don't, now we'll never find Aiden, mom must be so worried, but at least she has Jake. If we never make it out, I won't go to college, I won't get to see mom get married, I won't live my planned out light.

"Farren?" I meet Anna's eyes "Yea"

"Where are we?"

"We in a cell" she turns her body, facing me "Yeah I know that, but where?" I shrug and look down "I have no clue," I tell her honestly. The doors open and buff guy walks in with three other guys, he opens the cell and grabs Anna and me "Let's go!" he says harshly.

"Where are you taking us?" Anna asks, the man's fingers dig into my skin and I hiss "You're hurting me" I yell at him, and try to pull away.

"The Alpha wants to see you," he tells me in a gruff voice. Alpha? Where have I heard that? I furrow my eyebrow then my eyes widen. The book! The book spoke of Alphas and packs, no, I'm jumping to conclusions, there's no such a thing, maybe it's someone's name.

He pulls us out of the cell and up the stairs, we walk through a corridor, well more like we get pulled through the corridor. After walking up so many stairs I see a big metal door, it opens and the light from outside hits my eyes, we leave that dreadful place that smelt horrible and in a distance stands a huge castle. The type of castles in fairytales and books, the type that belongs to kings and queens.

Wow. It's beautiful, it's like I stepped into a fairytale.

Many big buildings, houses, and other structures occupy the grounds outside the castle walls, there are people everywhere, men, women, children. It's a whole town, almost like back home. But how? I thought no one lived outside our borders, but this means that there's life outside the border, there's people here, but where is here? Anna looks at me with a puzzled look, the people stare at us with judgmental eyes as we walk by.

We stop in front of a huge gate with heavy metal doors blocks our way into the castle, two guards stand at the entrance of the gate, buff guy nods at one of them and they signal someone on the inside to open the gate, the gates open and we get pulled through, there's a broad bridge that leads to the castle. Under the bridge there's a big crystal clear pond with those black flowers floating on it, on each side of the pond is grass that could go on and on.

On two sides of the castle, ten lean, tall towers frame a defensive wall, which is bound by strengthened, firm grey stone walls. The castle walls are scattered with windows with golden panes, and the highest tower has a narrow window with bars instead of glass. There are about eight garage doors to my left and guards stand almost everywhere.

"Wow," Anna breathes. Wow indeed.

This castle has clearly been around for at least over a thousand years, but it doesn't seem like it will collapse any time soon, it looks a bit modernized, it's not a very bright place, but it's also not a very dark place, in the middle of the courtyard, there's a wolf statue fountain, the wolf wears a crown with red jewels on it, and armor "Walk" he pushes me to walk and I narrow my eyes, would it kill to be a little nice?