goodbyes and new beginnings

(Okay please can we pretend that the boats somehow took them back to platform 9 3/4 because it just works better for me)

Giovanna's POV

We walked outside towards the Black Lake so we could get in the boats to take us away from hogwarts. Dumbledore said we should take the boats on our last day instead of the carriages because we came via boats on our first day of school so it'll be nice if we can use them on our last too. Since each boat can only take four people we had to split up.

Ginny went to Ron, Harry and Hermione and Blaise, Luna, Theo and Astoria went together leaving me, Prince, Draco and Cho. We all said our final goodbyes and promised each other that we'll stay in touch and then left to go to our boats. I sat next to Draco and Prince sat opposite me, since Cho was opposite Draco they did what they always did when they were near eachother. Argue over who's smarter. "I literally got two awards in the ceremony. How many did you get Chang?" Draco said with an irritating smirk.

"Those stupid awards mean nothing anyway, I didn't even have to get one because the teachers complement me all year not just on the last day of school" Cho argued back. "Oh shush Chang just wait till we get our results back" Draco hissed. After a couple minutes of listening to their unnecessary bickering I turned to face Prince. "So are you excited to meet Miss Zabini" I asked. "Well apparently she's a lovely woman so yes i am, I'm more excited to meet Alex though" he said "I'm sure he misses you just as much as you miss him" I reassured.

"I haven't seen him for a couple months and i just can't wait but anyway what's happening now are you going back to your manor or Draco's?" He asked. Right when i was about to answer Draco interrupted our conversation "oh yeh i forgot to tell you, our fathers bought a new Manor just for us. It's called Malfoy Hall because Malfoy Manor is already in use" He explained. I just nodded and looked away.

Soon the boats had stopped and it was time to get down. Prince hugged me and walked over to Blaise and Luna, Cho gave me a bone crushing hug before she turned to Malfoy and gave him a short nod and a smile then she ran over to where Cedric was waiting for her. Malfoy smiled and returned the nod, even though him and Cho argued the most I knew the arguments were just playful and they actually enjoyed eachothers company. I looked around for the others and couldn't find them anywhere so I assumed they'd already left.

I turned to Draco and we made eye contact. We smiled and eachother then interlaced hands and began walking away

~~~~

"Meh it's smaller than I imagined" Draco shrugged as he walked towards Malfoy Hall. "Draco this house is massive what the hell are you on about" I said in disbelief, "Oh come on Moon Manor is far bigger then this" he said. "Yes i'm aware how big my manor is Draco, that doesn't mean that this one is small"

"Actually I never said it's small I said it's smaller than I imagined" he said and i could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "I want a divorce" I joked, "we're not even married love" he said back clearly missing the joke. "Take off your coat and come sit with me" I said as I plopped down onto one of the many expensive couches, "You haven't even asked me on a date and you already want me to strip for you" He teased and I just rolled my eyes. "Oh shush now just sit" I said as I adjusted some hairs to cover the blush forming on my cheeks.

~~~~~