𝟮𝟰 | 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁

"You think Kenzie's hot

"You think Kenzie's hot." I deadpan Jaden.

"Shes attractive but the blond one was smoking."

Gross.

Men.

It's now Sunday, a little afternoon. We spent all day yesterday cooking different meals and catching up. We also spent a good hour on the phone with the girls.

"We don't need player Jaden back," I tease.

We're in the car on our way to the cemetery, we got fresh flowers to leave at Mom's grave.

White roses and daisies. Her favorites.

We sit in silence on our way there, it's always like this.

There's not much you can say while you're on your way to visit your dead mother.

ring ring ring

I look down at my phone and see it's a FaceTime call from Rebecca.

"Hey, do you mind if I show them?" I ask referring to the grave.

"Lani, if you trust them then so do I.."

I give him a grateful smile before answering.

"Becca." I greet.

"Kailnai." She smiles.

The car stops in the parking spot in front of the entrance of the cemetery. I grab the flowers and step out of the car.

"Are you gonna go declare your love for someone?" She teases once she sees the flowers.

I chuckle, "no but I do want to show you something." I say. I see Roman walk behind Rebecca before walking out of frame.

Should I show him too?

Why not. He already knows.

"Tell Roman to get his ass back here." I tell her "Roman get your ass over here!" She demands. He walks back into the frame shortly after that. "Yes,
Angel?"

god, that stupid nickname.

I look to Jaden and see him already smiling smugly at me.

I will never hear the end of this from him either.

great.

"First of all, meet my brother," I move the phone to show Jaden.

"Sup man." Jaden greats.

He does a little 'bro' nod and greets him. "Now that we got the introductions out of the way I want to show you both something." We stop in front of Mom's plot and I take a seat next to it.

"Twin 1, Twin 2 meet my dead mother," I say before flipping the camera to show the tombstone.

now you may be thinking, isn't that a bit insensitive?