𝟰𝟮 | 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁

march 22

𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

I know I shouldn't have just left, it was a dick move. Fuck I promised I wouldn't leave.

But I couldn't stay after all I just heard, I needed air. I also needed to process what I discovered.

I've been walking around for almost an hour now. I look down at my phone to see if I have any texts from here. Nothing. A faint smile grows on my lips as I see my lock screen. It's a picture of Kai and Aria standing in front of the Ferris wheel at Disney land, from when we went for Aria's birthday.

It's surprising how Aria and Kailani became so close in so little time. But Aria loves her, she's always asking me to bring her with me on the weekends.

Fuck I need to go back and apologize.

The five-minute walk back to the hotel goes by in a flash. I spent the whole time thinking of how to apologize.

When I finally made it back to the room I sighed in disappointment to find her already sleeping.

I'll just talk to her tomorrow before she goes to court. I can't go with her which sucks.

I take off my hoodie and get into bed with her.

Tomorrow.

There's always tomorrow.

kai's pov:

The next morning when I woke up he was in bed with me. I remember just closing my eyes, determined to wait up for him but I guess the tiredness took over. I woke up at 6:00, court doesn't start till 7:30 but it's about a half-hour drive to the courthouse, and I have to get ready.

Since I don't have a car I make sure to give myself time to order an Uber.

Lynn gave me instructions yesterday to wear something simple but professional. I opted for a white button-up blouse tucked into a pair of black jeans. I put on the gold studs that Roman gave me for valentine's day. I put my hair in a slick low ponytail, leaving a few baby hairs out. For makeup, I decided to not put any on. I just applied waterproof mascara and concealer.

I take one more look in the bathroom mirror. "I can do this," I say to myself. The court is probably going to last 3-5 days but my presence is only needed one day, which means that tomorrow morning we go back home.

I check my watch and see that It's 6:37. I leave the bathroom and find Roman still sleeping. I would wake him but a) I'm still hurt about him walking out yesterday. And b) I have to get going.

I scribble a note saying, 'left. be back at around 1 -k'

I grabbed some cash from my wallet and stuck it in my pants pocket, along with my phone.

Here goes nothing.

The entire commute goes by in a flash and next thing I know I'm sitting outside the courtroom waiting to be brought in. It's 7:28 when I receive a text from Roman.