5: Drunken Apologies

It was over a week later—on a Friday—that Lisa's room was finally fully furnished. It had taken her a few days to put together her shelf, desk, desk chair, and the second nightstand, mostly because of work, and then her bed frame and mattress got delivered late the following week. So on the following Friday evening, she finally got to make her actual bed, after deflating and folding up her air mattress, which she then shoved underneath her bed.

Her room was also fully unpacked, her few belongings filling up her shelf and her desk covered with her laptop and a few other items. She'd opted to buy a little hanging shelf type thing for her closet rather than a whole dresser to hold her pants and anything else that couldn't hang on hangers. The room was perhaps lacking in a cohesive aesthetic, but Lisa didn't really mind, because she was just happy to finally have her space feel put together.

In that same time span, about a week and a half, Lisa's life fell into a usual routine. On workdays, she was up early to get ready and pack herself a lunch. Sometimes she would see one of her other roommates before she headed out for the day, but usually they weren't up until she was already gone. At work, she was starting to get a heavier workload, but it was nothing she couldn't handle, and her lunch breaks with Seulgi were a nice pause during a busy workday.

After work, Lisa would spend some time relaxing—watching new episodes of her favorite TV shows or scrolling through social media—and then have dinner downstairs around the same time that Jisoo and Chaeyoung would be eating. Mino was there about half the time, which lined up with Jennie's original assertion that Mino stayed over about half of the time. Sometimes Jennie would also be eating at the same time as them, but Lisa noticed that she tended to wait a little longer before coming down for dinner.

She'd been chatting on the phone a lot with Lucas and Bambam, who were not very subtle about how much they missed her. Lucas was starting his transition to a full time software developer position at the company he had interned with two summers in a row, putting him in a similar job as Lisa, but with more of a focus on backend development. Bambam, who wouldn't have ever been caught dead majoring in a computer science, had been working as a tattoo artist for a few years, and from what he told Lisa, that wasn't changing anytime soon, degree or not. However, he and Yugyeom had apparently broken up officially, and Lisa felt bad that she couldn't comfort her friend with a few bottles of beer and a night of shitting on romantic comedies.

The previous weekend, Lisa had hung out with her roommates—but mostly just Jisoo and Chaeyoung, except for on Saturday night, when they invited over Irene and Mino, and Jennie finally came down to hang out with everyone. Other than that, Lisa hadn't seen much of Jennie since their Ikea outing.

Actually, she was maybe trying to fight her urge to talk to Jennie anytime she did see her in passing. She kept considering the fact that she had a crush on her roommate and that it was probably a bad idea, but even though she wasn't actively trying to talk to Jennie, her crush remained.

Tonight, Friday night, Lisa had planned to stay in and hang out with Jisoo and Chaeyoung, but after she finished setting up her bed and headed downstairs, she found that all three of her roommates had decided that they were going out to a college party. Chaeyoung invited Lisa, but she refused, not really feeling like partying with a bunch of strangers. They wished her a good night and headed out together—Mino had picked them up—and Lisa was left to her own devices.

The worst part of living in the city without many friends was definitely filling free time like this. She wanted to just hang out with her best friends, not doing much of anything, but she couldn't really. But that didn't mean she couldn't at least try.

Group Message: Bambam and Lucas

Lisa: Are you guys busy? I'm bored. Let's play Xbox?