10: Half-Purple

"Hey, Nana," Lisa said into the phone as she answered the incoming call and put it on speaker phone. She was currently sat at her desk with her makeup mirror out, applying some light makeup fairly early Saturday morning. Despite the events the previous night, she'd woken up without much difficulty before ten in the morning, which she considered early for a Saturday. As she'd begun to get ready, her phone had started ringing with a call from her Nana, which was pretty surprising, considering the fact that Lisa hadn't even been completely sure that her Nana had her number written down or saved anywhere. Anytime they'd talked in the past few years, it had been because Lisa had called or gone over to her grandparents' trailer. "What's up?"

"Lalisa," her Nana greeted, using Lisa's full name like she would when Lisa was in trouble.

"Uh oh," Lisa muttered, opening her mascara tube and carefully applying it. "What's going on, Nana?"

"Your Grandpa and I were hoping to get your new address," her Nana said firmly.

"Mm, okay. Why?" Lisa wondered, capping her mascara and putting it down. She blinked at herself in the mirror, deciding that her makeup was done. With that, she'd finished getting ready for the day, and her stomach growled angrily, demanding breakfast.

"We were discussing it, and we decided that someone in the family should have it, in case anything happens to you."

"Well, that's handled," Lisa insisted, taking her phone off of speaker phone as she left her room to obey her stomach's demand for food.

"Who has your address?"

"Lucas and Bambam," Lisa admitted, although she knew that Lucas had told Tristan that he didn't have it multiple weeks ago.

"Well, why shouldn't we also have it? Those boys are not part of this family."

Walking down the stairs, Lisa rolled her eyes at the comment. "No, but they aren't going to tell my address to Tristan, which is what I'm going for, so."

Her Nana let out a frustrated huff. "What is going on with you and your uncle, Lisa? He's been around so many times the past few weeks going on about how you're ignoring his calls."

"I blocked his number," Lisa answered flatly, "so, not really ignoring his calls. Just not getting them."

"Lisa, this has to stop. He's your family."

"Yeah, well I happen to know that he happens to like asking his family for money, and I'm not exactly interested in that," Lisa snapped as she entered the kitchen. She was happy to see that no one was around the main areas of the house. She figured that Jisoo was sleeping and Chaeyoung was still at Mino's. As for Jennie, Lisa was willing to bet that she was out on her morning run.

"He gave up a lot to raise you, you know," her Nana said, as though Lisa didn't already know the burden she'd caused on her uncle by existing and losing her parents. Lisa swallowed thickly.

"Yeah, well I gave up a lot in order to need to be raised by him," Lisa deadpanned, standing still in the middle of the kitchen as she clenched her jaw in frustration. "Look, Nana. I don't want anything to do with Tristan, and I know that if I give you my address, you'll give it to him. He already got my phone number from your answering machine, okay, and I don't want to talk to him. He treated me like shit when I lived with him, and I didn't deserve that."

"Your uncle has gone through some rough times, yes, but his sister had just died, and he was unprepared to take on a child."

"Then how come you and Grandpa didn't just take me in?" Lisa demanded, a question that she'd poised to her grandparents multiple times but had never gotten a very clear answer.