one

tuesday
17:12

          today was a light day for you. you only had assignments to finish for two class 1 first-years so you could finish them quickly. plus, you made thirty bucks from it.

          your own homework was already done, so finishing everyone else's homework didn't stress you out much. you got comfortable in your corner of the library you visit daily. the assignments you'd been paid to complete were the same. that only lightened your workload. you put in your headphones and got to work.

          being a third-year in class 6 wasn't easy. for you it was, considering people called you a genius. you'd never managed to fail a class in your life. for someone as smart as you, finding people whose brains function at a speed similar to yours is an awful challenge.

         algebra was quite boring; you were ready to doze off. you almost jumped at the sound of your phone buzzing. an instagram notification.

@bokuto.ko has requested to follow you.

          you slid it open, accepted the request, and tried to return to the homework, but you got another notification.

@bokuto.ko: hey hey heyyyy😋

          you open it and respond.

@fukurohw: What do you need?

          the user quickly responds.

@bokuto.ko: math 😓

@fukurohw: Your year and class, please.

@bokuto.ko: 3rd-year class 1

@fukurohw: Alright. How many questions is your homework?

@bokuto.ko: 14? yup 14

@fukurohw: That's $15. I'm at XXX library. Just make sure to drop off the assignment and the money before 6.

@bokuto.ko: gotcha😁👍🏻

          you quickly continued with your work and you were finished within 10 minutes. you knew it wasn't wise to leave; you had a client coming after all. you were starving though, and you weren't in the mood to work on an empty stomach. you slipped your coat on and tied a scarf around your neck. you stored your things in your bookbag and went to talk to the high schooler working behind the reception desk.

          "make sure no one steals my stuff alright?" she gave you a wink and a thumbs-up before you left the library, stepping out into the cold january air.

—✧—

          you were on your way back from your walk to the cafe close by when you received another notification.

@bokuto.ko: ayo wya 😪

@fukurohw: I went to get coffee. I'll be back in about 5 minutes.

          you closed your phone and rushed to get back to the library. you went straight to your table, pushing past a tall boy with spiky dual-toned hair. you slipped your coat off and threw your scarf onto your bag.

          "(Y/N)?"

          "(L/N)-san," you corrected the male voice in a cold tone. it was the same boy you'd passed at the entrance. he was really tall. he looked almost scared when your eyes met. his cheeks were flushed, likely from the cold, right? you hoped you didn't scare the guy; he did have your money after all.

          he let out an awkward laugh. "r-right. sorry. haha. my, uh, math!" he stammered out before handing you a worksheet. you set down your coffee and bagel on the table before taking it.

          you examined the problems, estimating how long it would take you to finish. he held the fifteen dollars in his hand, awkwardly waiting for you to say something. you just held your hand out, expecting him to give it to you.

          he just stood there, frozen. you looked up at him, your eyes darting between his eyes and the money. his face got redder. chills, perhaps? his mouth formed an o shape as he handed the money to you.

          you took it and turned to the table, hunching over to write down the date and a quick answer or two.

          "sorry if i freaked you out," you said, breaking the silence.

          "freaked me out?"

          "yeah. i just have a sort of demanding tone."

          "i'm fine."

          you looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. he flushed once more. how could he not be totally afraid of you? you sigh.

          "how do you spell your name?" you ask quickly. he spells it for you as you write it down in semi-neat handwriting. you weren't one to make assumptions, but he didn't exactly strike as someone with good handwriting. looking over the page again, you placed your pencil between your teeth and rummaged through your bag for a calculator. you set it on the table once you found it, but remembered that your fellow third year was still standing there aimlessly.

          "you can go. i'll probably be done in like twenty minutes, so just come back then."

          "alright," he says before turning around. as he leaves you can hear him whisper-shouting to himself, "twenty minutes?" you chuckled to yourself before taking on the math homework.

what a guy.