seventeen

sunday 16:29

this had to be the lamest sunday ever. just packing up boxes and stuffing them into your mom's tiny car. during the drives, you watched bokuto's games. you caught his game against nekoma, the same team they had a practice match against. bokuto did amazing as usual. you missed his last game though, you only got to watch again during itachiyama and nobebi's match.

you decided to text him to congratulate him and wish him luck.

y/n
Hey. I saw you play against Nekoma. You did great.😊
I can't watch you play against Itachiyama but good luck. I know you'll do great.❤️

you wished you could see bokuto's quick reply, but he was busy, you'd have to wait. you have a job to do.

you helped your mother as best as you could, bokuto still lingering in the back of your mind. you were constantly thinking about how he was doing, if he won or lost, if he did well in the game, just anything involving him.

about an hour passed and the project was finally done. you were lying in bed, staring at your ceiling. you felt your phone buzz beside you.

bokuto
please ur so cute😖❤️

y/n
Hi and thanks?

bokuto
hey hey heyyy☺️

y/n
Well, how'd it go against Itachiyama?

bokuto
well we kinda lost...

y/n
Oh.

bokuto
BUT
we're still going to nationals!!!!!🥳

y/n
Oh. That's great! Congrats.😊

bokuto
literally adorable😖✊
wbu how'd that project thing go

y/n
Painfully uneventful.

bokuto
yikes😞💔

y/n
I know...
Well, what are you doing now?

bokuto
on the bus home

y/n
Are you almost back?

bokuto
another 20 mins maybe?

y/n
Oh okay. You could come over when you get back if you'd like.

bokuto
YES
i'll text u when i'm back ok my phones gonna die
bye bye😘😘
ttyl❤️❤️❤️

y/n
Ttyl.❤️

you sighed as you reread the conversation. a content smile slowly spread across your face.

"who're you texting?"

you looked up, finding kana and tsumugi standing in your doorway. when did they even get here?

"your mom let us in," kana said, flopping onto your bed next to you. tsumugi followed after, slipping the phone out of your hands. you groaned knowing fully well that you didn't have the energy to get it back from her. the girls huddled up on the other side of the bed, reading through your messages.