10 years

* few days later ,meanwhile with Aang and Toph in Republican city*

Toph walked around the city all by herself. It was 8am ,the sky was bright blue and you could hear how busy the city was even in those early morning hours. Some people were on their way to work , children rushed so that they wouldn't arrive late to school and Toph just wandered around. Her mind was still at the incident that happened. She was never the one that particularly cared about saving people , she liked having her freedom and rebelling against authorities. She craved that freedom more than any of her friends.

" Toph..." a voice behind her said.

Toph continued walking. She knew it was Aang and she knew that he would come to comfort her.

" Leave me alone." Toph said while walking.

" I know how you feel ... when the air nomad temple got attacked and all the people..." Aang got interrupted.

" Stop it ! You told the whole world your little pity story already. This is different. Thanks for your help but I want to be alone right now." Toph said while trembling.

Aang didn't say a word and just looked at her as she continued walking. He wanted to help her so bad but this time he knew that she needed some space. Aang and Toph were both around the same age. they both have experienced loss. They both didn't have any family members anymore. They both acted childish sometimes but they still dealt with problems different then each other.

Sokka and Katara have come to Republican city as it has been four month now that have passed. Toph refused to go back with the others to live with Zuko , Mai and Uncle Froh at the Fire nation. She wanted to stay and help. This was her chance to help others Since she is the Most powerful earthbender of all times.

" Look Toph we can still come back once a while." Katara said while hugging Toph.

" No we cannot ! " Toph said and pushed Katara away.

The air was dense. Sokka looked over to Toph who looked really uncomfortable and ready to punch every single person in this room. He didn't know what she was thinking right now but he tried to at least understand her.

" I genuinely need to stay here. You guys can come visit me but...-" Toph got interrupted.

" I want to stay with you." Sokka suddenly said.

' HE WHAT -' Toph thought.

" No you have to stay with Aang. You guys are best friends and he needs you. Even if it's just emotional support." Toph said while she tried to hide her red cheeks.

" So who will give you emotional support ?" Sokka said.

Aang turned to Sokka and said " Sokka stop. You can clearly see that she feels uncomfortable. Toph needs to figure some things out and i respect that."

" Thank you Aang. " Toph said.

" You know that we are going to miss you but if you need time , I understand that." Katara said.

Sokka , Aang and Katara hugged Toph one last time and left her.

* Ten years later *

" Miss Beifong ! We will storm the Bank on you command !" one of the policeman said.

" Go go go !" Toph screamed.

The whole task force stormed the Bank since there was a waterbender holding hostages. He was a convicted criminal who got out of prison 5 years ago. He was in jail since he misused his bending abilities to hurt people. The Repablikan city police decreased crime by 90% and the head of police was none other than Toph Beifong. She used her family's money to start one of the most successful law enforcements. Some were even personally trained by Toph. 

She changed a lot too. Not only her appearance change her personality too. She was taller , her face was slimmer which would enhance her beautiful big grey-blue eyes, her lips were still rosy but a bit plumper. The only thing that didn't change was her black hair. It was still tied into a bun while parts of her bang peaked out. 

" Mom look !" a child said that watched the task force successfully freeing the hostages and capture the waterbender. 

Not soon after and the press arrived at the scenery. Cameras were all over the place and all you could see is a storm of flashlights. Toph gave a short statement to the media and then proudly stormed of with her task force to the police headquarters. 

" I see you have been successful again huh ?" said Aang who was patiently waiting in Toph's office. 

He was visiting Toph a lot but lately he was busy with personal stuff. He had to take care of Katara since she was pregnant with their first child. Sometimes she would go with Aang to see how Toph is doing.  When Katara got pregnant , Toph would take some time of to visit Katara. Aang was a lot taller , his face slimmer so you could see his jawline and cheekbones and he still wore the traditional air nomad clothing. He also had achieved a lot so that the republican city was planning to build a statue of Aang to honor him. Sometimes the two of them would go on big missions. Toph was one of the only benders that was nearly as strong as Aang even though she would only bend earth. 

" Oh shut up twinkletoes ! I am hungry let's go eat something !" Toph said  while she grinned. 

Aang laughed and then said " Wait ! There is another visitor waiting for you !" 

"Who ? Katara ?" Toph said surprised. 

" Hey Toph it's been a long time." said a voice behind her.