one night

Weeks have passed. Toph and Sokka were dating and Aang and Katara decided to move to Repulican city. The Avatar and the water-bender wanted were going to have their first child and needed a place were they could stay permanently. They stayed in a house which was locted in the gated community. 

" WHAT'S INSIDE THIS BOX ? STONES " Sokka screamed as he carried Aang's belongings inside the house. 

" No ! Those are just baby things such as a tiny bed and toys." Aang proundly said. 

The House was huge. Customised for the couple so that they would even have space for Appa. The house also had multiple bedrooms incase Katara and Aang wanted to have more children. Everything was perfect. Katara's brother finally dated her best friend and she was pregnant with the love of her life , she thought. The memories of her and Zuko  however , held her back. 

Katara stood at the balcony lost in her thoughts. 

" Are you ok ? " Aang said , hugged her from behind and kissed her on the cheek. 

" OH ... yeah yeah , I am fine." Katara said while she chuckled nervously. 

Aang proudly touched her pregnant tummy. He was so happy to be a father and start his family with a women , he has been simping over for years. 

" Aang ! Sokka wants your help." Toph joined the conversation. 

" COMMING !" Aang screamed and disappeared. 

Toph leaned on the balcony railing. " What's going on ?" Toph asked Katara. 

"...Nothing ..." she replied. 

" You know that I can feel if you lie." toph said while pointing at her feet. " So I am going to ask you again. What is going on ?" Toph impatietly said. 

" ...Toph ...I...It's to late to think about that. " Katara stuttered. 

" ...Tell me..." Toph said. 

" I think , I want to be with Zuko instead of Aang." Katara said and stared crying. 

Toph's eyes widen , her mouth was slightly open , she was speechless and couldn't process what Katara had just confessed. Katara's tears didn't stop falling down. No she was sobbing. Toph hugged Katara while she let go of all her emotions and feelings that she buried inside of her for so long. She was pregnant with Aang but in love with the firelord and any time the thought about that , she broke down. Katara tried to suppress her feelings , she truly tried but her heart was still aching for Zuko. 

" Let's talk somewhere else." Toph said. 

The both of them went to the Beifong house without telling the others. They sat down at the stairs that lead down to the backyard. It was already very late but the night sky didn't had any stars. Katara whipped her tears away and calmed herself. 

" It doesn't matter anymore. I am with Aang." Katara said while she looked lost in thought. 

" ...me and Sokka had a hard time too. First there was Suki , then Kain , then the timing and the distance or the 10 years but now we are dating. It's not too late." Toph silently said. " What exactly happened between the two of you ?" Toph added 

" One time ... me and Aang got into a big fight. It was the first weeks that I found out that I was pregnant... The fight got so heated that I left. I didn't know where I was going but I somehow went to the fire nations palace. Zuko was there for me and I don't know but ... it just happened." Katara stuttered. 

" what happened ?" Toph asked nervously. 

"...I kissed him..." Katara said.

" you ...WHAT..." Toph said in shock. 

" and then I stayed the night at his room..." Katara added. 

" ... and you cannot let it go ?" Toph asked.  

" You couldn't imagine how many times I tried to. " Katara said. 

The two just sat and talked about life. Toph would try to comfort Katara but she didn't know how to cheer her up. Loving someone so much so that you couldn't get them out of your mind. Toph understood that perfectly fine. Things between her and Sokka have been so good latly that she slowly started to trust him again but It hurt her to see Katara so broken. 

Toph leaned her head onto Katara's shoulder and Katara leaned her head against Toph's. " I guess things are going to be shitty for the time being." Toph said.

" Mega shitty." Katara replied.