Chapter 31

Lindsey

I should have been scared. As Traz reached his full height, his lean frame dwarfing my own. Not an easy task, as I was tall compared to most girls. He was dressed in black jeans and a black sweat shirt, with the hood pulled up hiding his shaved head. .

When he took a step closer to me, I should have picked up my phone and called nine-one-one.

But I couldn't bring myself to fear him. So I stood my ground as he stalked closer and closer.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I found my voice when his dark form stopped a foot shy of me..

"I could ask you the same, Sunshine." He dared to reach up and tug playfully at a piece of my curling red hair. I quickly swatted his hand away, glaring up into his brown eyes.

"This is my parents pharmacy. What's your excuse?"

"I needed some medicine." He had the gall to wink at me before turning back to the shelves of herbs.

"Sorry, but we're closed. In case you didn't notice." Did he have no guilt or shame at getting caught red handed breaking and entering?

"Oh..." He foreigned ignorance. "Is that why the door was locked?"

"That might have been the first clue." While we talked, he boldly continued searching for whatever it was he sought. "How did you get in?"

"You know, just some super secret, Alien spy tricks." He winked over at me, causing my anger to boil up.

For a minute, I had forgotten I was talking to a Zionian and not just another guy from my class. "Want to give me a reason why I shouldn't be calling the authorities right now?"

"Because then you would have to miss checking me out every day in class."

"You wish." I scoffed at his words. Truth was, until this moment, I had been harboring a bit of a crush. I'd always had a thing for the guys with a bad-boy edge. Like Landon, Traz easily pulled off that image.

However, where Landon was blond and pale. Traz was dark skinned with sharper edges, making him appear older and more mysterious. Now, I saw he was just like Landon, a selfish, self-assured jerk.

"If that's the best excuse you have..." I pulled up my phone, fully prepared to call the cops. I couldn't ignore his breaking and entering just because he was an Zionian. If it had been any other classmate of mine I would have already called.

"Wait." He moved faster than the eye could see. Snatching my arm before I could finish dialing.

I raised an eyebrow at the hand holding mine captive. "Let me go." I demanded.

"Just listen a minute."

"I already gave you that chance." I attempted to pull my arm from his grasp but he just tightened his grip. "I suggest letting go."

"My mother's sick." He threw out there.

"And you didn't have medications at the compound?" I asked skeptically.

"Not what she needs." I didn't know if I should believe him or not. There was a desperation in his eyes as they bored into my own, silently begging for me to understand. His cocky bravado long gone. But that could just be because I was ready to turn him in. "Please."

We stood there in the dark pharmacy, facing off, silently. I was torn.

I didn't trust him. I didn't know if I could believe his reason for being here. But at the same time what other reason could he have to break in and be searching the herbal section. If he was here for nefarious reasons there were much better drugs he could pilfer.