CHAPTER 15

"Oh, for Nerida's sake, why can't you hush for once!" Elvira said, throwing up her arms in frustration. "I'm trying to think! Shut up for once, will you."

A grunt came from one of the soldiers, and the chatter subsided.

A few minutes later a moody voice yelled,"I need a refill!"

Elvira rolled her eyes. "Am I the servant here now or something?" she yelled back, sighed, and took the cup from the soldier. She went into the kitchen, and the floor creaked beneath her feet angrily. She got the bottle of foaming beer on the counter and filled the cup to the top.

Then, Elvira exited the kitchen and put the cup down on the table the soldier was sitting in. "Next time, go get the beer yourself, Lance, and all of you too," Elvira said, annoyed, gesturing to the whole room, "I can't just go up and around and get the beer for all of you when you sit there, drinking happily, and I need to think of a plan to take over the Universe of Mythic Folk and possibly Earth too. I mean, you think it takes only a little bit of effort? No! It takes time. And you guys just need to follow the plan while I need to make it."

Elvira went upstairs after pouring herself a cup of steaming coffee, and slammed the door.

It had been an entire day, and everything was up to her. Refilling the beer, making the food, sharpening the swords. She had been deprived of all the peace available, and longed to be the free, nice water folk she used to be.

But now she was the villain. Who could change that, though? She loved the thought of ruling over the Universe and Earth, and she had made her decision of doing that long ago.

She was in a large army of soldiers and healers. The group's leader had died last month, and one day, Elvira met the army in a sea forest. Now, here she was, doing everything to try to keep the army going.

Elvira's room was plain. It was made of wood, with barely any decorations. A little neat desk sat happily in the corner, and the window was just a huge piece of glass with some shutters. Her belongings were in a huge black suitcase that leaned against the wall. The bed was soft, yet strong and stubborn. It wasn't too bad, was it?

A plan.

A stupid, freaking, plan.

How do you even "plan" in the first place? Elvira thought. A plan to "take over the world?" It sounded absolutely ridiculous. As if you could rule over the entire Universe in one day. All the kingdoms and realms would go against you, and you and your troops would be dead in a moment.

Elvira had no heart to notice that Lance had opened the door so quietly that none of the floorboards creaked, and it barely made a sound. Maybe a slight ruffle in the water, but nothing more.

"Boo!"

Elvira barely noticed. She had the crumpled notebook paper in front of her, trying to think of something for the army to do instead of just staying in a little wooden house all day, doing nothing.

Lance crept up behind her. "Boo!!" he yelled, right in her ear.

Elvira turned around, calmly. Her eyes were filled with disapproval. Lance's face fell.

"Stop." Elvira said. "Actually, how about you do this." She shoved the paper in his face. "You plan. I'll see what you come up with for me." Then, she left.

Lance shrugged. "Can't be too hard," he muttered to himself.

He went to his room.

Two hours crept by, and he came up with nothing. "A plan to take over the world?!" He yelled, frustrated. "How the hell do you plan that? Why don't you just attack every kingdom and realm and there you go!"

"You okay there?" Elvira peeked into the room, and smirked. "Very easy to do, isn't it."

"This is stupid!" Lance said. "We're all morons."

"Why don't you calm down and go have some more beers," Elvira said, "I'm cooking dinner. Cameron helped me get the sea carrots. She also got the lettuce. It's super fresh. See you."

They were like children, all of them, the entire army, all except maybe Cameron. She was sophisticated and intelligent, though she could be childish sometimes, too. All of them were. Being the villain doesn't mean you can't have fun. Tons of fun.

Cameron was Elvira's friend. She was also a nymph, and they had met at a young age.

Elvira tied her navy blue hair up with an elastic. She was a whirlwind around the kitchen. Cutting the vegetables, simmering the pan, frying the tomatoes.... Soon, supper was ready, and all the soldiers ate greedily.

The night slowly came, and two guards stood at the door while the others went to sleep. Elvira didn't. She was awake all night, thinking of what to do.

They had to do something.

The army had been doing nothing after they escaped from Katherine.

Oh, Katherine, she had no idea what they were up to.

Soon, the water was pitch black, beguiling as it was: complete black, no light at all. So dark Elvira could see little sparks of colour dancing in the night; they were just the illusions that she had, as usual.

Elvira stared into space.

Then, an idea hit her.

A wonderful one.