Memoirs #4

"Sammie!"

I held in a groan and attempted to ignore the outside world.

"Sammie!" It was a whine this time, but I genuinely couldn't find it in myself to care. I'd been dreaming of making the perfect macarons.

"Wake up! Come on Sammie!" Fluffy meringue and a perfectly fine mixture of icing sugar and ground almond and-

"Sammie. I'm gonna slap you."

I almost scoffed, but that would have given me away, no way did he have the guts to-

Slap!

Immediately I shot up into a sitting position, holding my cheek with my hand and my eyes wide open. He'd slapped me. He had actually just slapped me.

"Are you insane?" I asked, my voice still a little deep from just being rudely woken up.

"I'm sorry Sammie, it wasn't even that hard a slap. You were ignoring me." he pouted.

"Shut up. It's like what, 4 in the morning or something? Let me sleep." Angrily grumbling to myself I tried to roll back over, but of course he grabbed the fabric of my sleeve and didn't let me.

"But Sammie, it's the 14th. It's Valentines." he said it almost like that was a good reason to be waking me up this early.

"I'm aware thank you very much good night." I kept my voice as deadpan as I could, not giving him an inch.

"But it's Valentines!" he protested, and I could see his cute pout in my head without even looking at him. No wonder all the girls were constantly after him. Unlucky for them, he was completely infatuated with this girl he'd first met last summer in a bookshop, and who had then turned out to be in a couple of the same courses as us in Sixth Form. Since, he'd been acting like he'd never had a crush before and while I was slightly embarrassed for my friend, it was also somewhat entertaining to watch him be unknowingly turned down time and time again.

"Jordie, let me sleep. We don't do that shit in the middle of the night anymore. Let's just do it when we get back tonight yeah?" Clearly the cold shoulder wasn't working, so now I was trying to reason with him. Which was the wrong thing to do, because now he thought he had my attention. Sometimes, he was a little like other people described their cats. And I hated cats.

"We can't! I need to give Alessandra the chocolate today! It's Valentines!" I wished he would have stopped repeating that now.

"Then we should have just made the chocolate yesterday." I was losing the patience I never even had to begin with, and fast.

"But Valentines is today!" cue the eye roll because he'd said it again, "And we always make chocolate together on Valentines!"

The fact that he was so insistent was both endearing and annoying at the same time. I sighed in defeat.

"I'm not gonna win am I?"

He didn't even bother answering me and instead just laughed and hugged my head to his chest and I just let it happen, even though I was definitely still grumpy from not being able to get the last couple or so hours of sleep.

"Let's get to it then, I do not want to have to rush on top of having to get up this early for you." Honestly, I didn't really know how he planned to make chocolates with this little time. With chilling and everything we were never gonna make it considering we had to be at Sixth Form for 9.

I slowly swung my legs out of bed, my leg hair immediately standing up because I couldn't be bothered to find some joggers yesterday and ended up sleeping in my boxers. And now I was fucking freezing. Before I could even say anything, something soft landed on my face, which I quickly realised was exactly the joggers I never ended up looking for before going to bed yesterday night.