What's that smell?

Thorne didn't exactly trust Cinder with the kitchen. But he was hungry. And since Cress and Kai don't have any experience with it, Thorne was blind, Wolf was... Away, and Iko was... well... Iko. Cinder was his best bet.
She trudged into the small kitchen with a look of agony. As if it actually pained her to do this.

"Let's see what we have on the menu today." She said

"Well last time I could actually see, there were about seven cans if soup left in the cabinet." Thorne suggested

"So... soup then?"

Everyone nodded in agreement except Cinder who looked like she'd just seen an apparition.

"Um... ok. Sure." she said unsurely
----------------------------------------------
"How about this?" Asked Cinder, holding up a can of clam chowder. "I think it's worth a try."

"Princess, if you don't remember, I am a blind man. Blind men cannot see. Therefore I have no idea whatsoever what it is you are suggesting." Said Thorne.

"Captain, it's clam chowder," Cress responded shyly "have you ever had it before?"

"Nope. And thank you, Cress, for recognizing my disability." Cinder raised her eyebrow.

"Estimated time... fifteen minutes," said Iko "shouldn't take that long."

"Okay, call us over when it's ready, Cindy" Thorne chuckled.

"Sure thing, Cadet." Returned Cinder.

"So, Cind--" Said Kai as Iko yanked him out of the kitchen.

"Sorry, your Highness!" She heard her say.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," Cinder mumbled "but it can't be that hard, right?"

So she open the can, which smelled awful, she noted, and put it in the microwave.
Leave in for 10 minutes on high, let it cool down for 5 minutes, her net screen said.
She pushed a few buttons and grabbed some paper bowls and spoons from the cabinet. The walked away.

----------------------------------------------
"Time for your eye drops, Captain." Cress said sweetly. I love you, she wanted to say.

"Oh, right. I'll be right there." he responded.

"No need to rush." Yes. Patient, she thought, I'm very patient, too.

He showed up in less that a minute. Ready, with his blind fold off.

"Cress, a little help?" He asked

"Oh sorry," she helped him across the room "is your vision coming back?"

He took a moment to ponder and said "It's more of a blur now instead of just... blank, so I say that's an improvement."

Cress was about to put the drops into the second eye, when Thorne spoke up, "Hey Cress, do you smell that?"

Mortified, and glad he couldn't see, she
Sniffed herself. She smelled like the soap from the hotel she and Thorne stayed at in Farrafrah.

"Uh, no, Captain. Why?" She asked

"It smells like... smoke."

----------------------------------------------
Oooo! A cliff-hanger!
Was that length better? I think so. Given that my last one was about... Oh about... 2 sentences.
Anyway, reviews please! Love you!

Over and Out!,
Paradise Books