Of ash and soot

Ever since he heard that Scarlet had been kidnapped, Wolf had been feeling particularly down. He was nothing without his Alpha. He was nothing without Scarlet.
Wolf knew his actions were effecting the crew. Especially Cinder; he'd been very difficult towards her lately. When he pinned her up against the wall in Farrafrah, with her legs dangling below, grasping for ground. He was meaning to apologize sometime soon. Wolf had good intentions. He never meant to hurt her, or any of the crew for that matter.
Over the past few days he could only think about Scarlet, and the torture she must be going through... if she wasn't already dead. No, he thought, don't think like that, she's a strong, tough girl. She'll be alright. But he had to get to her quick.
They had been putting together a plan to rescue Scarlet. Without any more injuries.

"And you," Cinder said, pointing her titanium finger at Wolf "try not to get shot again. You've been shot like fifteen times already."

"I can't make any promises." Wolf laughed.

Laughed.

He couldn't remember the last time he did that.

But his thoughts quickly came to a holt when he heard the sound of alarms blaring all around him. Ear-drum splitting wails and bright, flashing lights.

Oh stars, he thought.

Wolf knew Cinder had been attempting to make some food for them. He should have known it would end up like this.

He quickly got up and went to go see what was the matter. Fortunately, Thorne and Cress were already there. Iko and Emperor Kaito came only seconds after him.

"Cinder what in the name of the ace himself, is going on here?" Thorne asked

"Warning all passengers, high levels of smoke detected. I repeat, high levels of smoke detected." Said Darla

Cinder only peeked the door open to swear at the voice emitting throughout the entire ship.

"Cinder! Open the door!" Thorne yelled over the alarm.

"Fine!" He heard Cinder yell back

All at once, the door swung open and billows of smoke came pouring out. Cinder ran to the pilot seat and smashed her robotic fist down on the audio shut-off button.

With the coughing, yelling, and alarms, it was hard to even think.

"Shut up!" Cinder yelled at the ceiling "I know, 'Smoke, smoke!'," She mocked
"I think I can see that!"

Only then did Wolf notice that her already dirty clothes were full of dark ash and soot. Her hair even messier. she looked as if he had been working in the abandoned coal mines.

"Stars, Cinder. Are you alright?" Asked Emperor Kaito

"I'm fine. But I think the kitchen got the worst of it."

At that point, everyone turned to look in the kitchen, smoke still billowing out the door. Wolf could hardly make it out.

"What happened?" Wolf asked

"Well, apparently I was supposed to take the soup out of the can before I put it in the microwave." Cinder responded sheepishly

"That never occurred to you?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Well anyway, the soups's ready."

"Wow. Thanks, Princess." Said Thorne sarcastically

"Just be happy I didn't burn the entire ship down."

----------------------------------------------

NOT THE END!
So that one was a lot longer. And better, I think.
Anyway, thanks for reading. As always, please review!

Over and Out!,
Paradise Books