Chapter Thirty

"Merlin!" called a clear voice behind them. Merlin and Milo turned to see Arthur strolling toward them. He had recovered well of the attack from Morgana. Merlin had visited him but they hadn't have the time to talk privately.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

Merlin looked at Milo. They didn't have much time before the coronation was supposed to begin.

"Just a minute. It won't take long," Arthur assured.

"Alright, we can talk here," Merlin gave in and led Arthur through a door in the hallway. Milo stayed behind so they could talk in private. The room was one of the guest chambers but it seemed that no one was living there at the moment because nowhere appeared to be any belongings.

Arthur closed the door behind him and turned to Merlin but didn't say anything. He took a couple of hesitant steps toward him.

Merlin was frozen in his place. His heartbeat had quickened. The only thing he was aware of was Arthur who stopped right in front of him. Not wanting to break the moment, Merlin stayed silent.

The king of Camelot was the first one to move when he slowly lifted his hand to touch Merlin's cheek. Merlin couldn't take his eyes from Arthur's lips.

"I've wanted to do this so badly," he whispered, and before Merlin had time to answer he leaned forward and kissed Merlin.

Small thrills swept through Merlin leaving a feeling of ecstasy and pure lust. His fingers curled around the fabric of Arthur's tunic. Tugging slightly he pulled himself closer to Arthur.

To catch their breath they broke the kiss apart and lifted their gazes. Merlin's heart pounded almost painfully when he saw how Arthur's eyes were hungry for more.

And then Arthur whispered the words that made Merlin's heart skip a beat. "Magic is not going to be illegal in Camelot anymore. I'll make sure of that."

The moment he had been waiting for years had come. Now every sorcerer could live in peace.

Arthur put his hands around Merlin's waist and pulled him closer. This time Merlin was the one who leaned in and made his lips brush over his. Arthur answered by snaking his hands behind Merlin's head. He moaned into the kiss and deepened it by demanding more.

Merlin kept his hands at Arthur's back when he surrendered completely to him. With small steps, he was pushed against the wall but Arthur's hands made sure that Merlin's head didn't hit the wall. And he leaned over him without breaking their kiss.

But their moment was interrupted by a voice from the door.

"Merlin we need to-," Milo's words were cut off when he saw how they were tangled around each other.

They quickly stepped away from each other to look at the door. Milo stood in the doorway and behind him were the knights of Camelot. All of them had their eyes on Merlin and Arthur but only Milo looked surprised.

"Finally," was all that Gwaine said and the other knights laughed.

"You knew?" Merlin asked surprised.

"Yeah, it was kind of obvious," Leon explained. "Besides, I understand because Arthur is quite beautiful, especially when he's dressed as a woman," Leon continued with a mischief smile.

Percival and Elyan spurted into laughter but Gwaine stayed silent.

"What?" Merlin asked with astonishment. He had no idea what Leon was talking about.

"Ignore them," Arthur said. His cheeks were starting to blush. "We need to go now," he murmured and pulled Merlin out of the room, others trailing behind.