Chapter Three

"MERLIN!" Arthur shouted while shaking his manservant. Arthur had found him standing in front of his chambers, just staring at the wall. That was definitely odd.

"What...Arthur?" Merlin finally answered.

"Yes you idiot. Are you sleeping or something? You weren't answering to my calls," Arthur said. He didn't let go of Merlin until he had guided him to his chambers.

"Help me to dress up. Some knights have asked my presence. They wish an audience with the king," Arthur said after getting in a position for ready to move his shirt.

"From which kingdom?" The servant asked while helping Arthur out of the tunic. The king had trouble to concentrate on the question because Merlin's touch distracted him.

"I believe it was Airasan." Arthur said after a while. He noticed how Merlin froze after hearing the name of the kingdom.

"Is something wrong?" He asked now fully focusing on his friend. He had dark circles under his eyes and his gaze was a little anxious like he hadn't gotten sleep for a week. Merlin denied it fast by shaking his head and continuing his chores. Arthur knew something was wrong by the way Merlin acted.

___________

After dressing they left towards the throne room. Merlin was trying to calm himself. He felt anxious of not knowing what to feel. Should he be happy if they recognised him? Or terrified because he wasn't sure if they would even except him as a prince anymore? He had been gone so long.

When they reached the room, Arthur turned to face his servant. There wasn't anyone else in the aisle. When Merlin realised that his heartbeats increased. Suddenly Arthur was so close he felt the warmth of his breath. He forgot all incidents that could happen in the throne room. Now there were just them. But he doubted Arthur was feeling the same.

And the moment was over right when guards opened the door from inside. The court had already taken their place as well as knights and servants.Arthur walked in and sat on the throne. Merlin was standing a little futher away and smiling to Gwaine who was smirking to him.

The doors opened again an this time six knights walked in. They were dressed in blue and black which was exactly Airasan's colors. The lost prince recognised his friends immediately. There were Sirs Lancelot, Ethan, Harry, Noah and two others he didn't know. All of them looked the same as in the past. Lance had long brown hair and friendly smile, Ethan and Harry both had blonde hair and green eyes and Noah was the ginger haired one. The stranger he didn't recognised had curly black hair and the other straight brown hair. His eyes got wet and he tried to blink the tiers away. Seeing his friends filled him with joy. It had been seven years from the last time. Still Merlin wasn't confident about facing them. He hadn't changed so much they wouldn't recognise him so he stepped back into the shadows.

"Welcome to Camelot," the king started. "What brings you here?"

"Thank you my lord. We are here to ask your help to get back our kingdom," Sir Lancelot explained. "Prince James is in the hideout leading the rebellion but we are outnumbered." When Merlin heard his younger brother's name he almost screamed of joy. At least one of his siblings were safe and sound.

The warlock saw how Arthur was wondering the request. "Yes we will help. I and the knights of the round table will come with you to the hideout."

Merlin smiled for the words. Of course he was going with them even though Arthur didn't mentioned his name. He looked at the knights in front of the king. They were also smiling happily.

"Now my manservant will show your chambers for this night," Arthur said while motioned for Merlin to came forward. At that moment he didn't have any other choice so he stepped into the light just to receive shocked faces from the knights of Airasan.

_____________

I'm not so happy about this chapter but I would loved to get some constructive feedback from you guys. Be patient with me. Next chapter is coming soon. ;)