Chapter Five

The sun was already setting down and the air was getting colder.

The king of Camelot was leaning to a fence near the training fields. Finally, he saw how his manservant came out of the castle and started to come towards him. When Merlin had arrived within earshot, Arthur asked: "What took you so long?"

"I'm sorry, sire."

Arthur frowned, he had been waiting for a sarcastic reply from his friend but Merlin's answer was anything but that. Now he noticed how Merlin didn't look at his direction and his usual smiling was gone.

"What happened?" Arthur asked with low tone.

"Nothing." When Merlin still didn't look at him, he grabbed his friend's arm trying to get his attention.

Merlin lifted his gaze, now surprised by the sudden touch. Their eyes met and Arthur saw a sadness in his friend's eyes. 'What had happened?' He had acted weird the whole day but now definitely something was wrong. Before he had time to question Merlin again, his knights arrived with the knights of Airasan so he quickly let go of Merlin.

__________

Merlin was sitting on a bench and smiling to the fact how his knights were beating the knights of Camelot. He had taught them well.

Merlin had been feeling sad and betrayed but he was now trying to forget his older brother and all his problems. He didn't want to think about them now in front of everyone. Luckily the training was so funny to watch so he was able to push the problems on the back of his mind. He laughed out loud when Gwaine was beaten by Ethan. Now Gwaine was laying on the muddy ground and noticed Merlin's laughing.

"I'm gonna beat you Merlin if you don't stop laughing," Gwaine threatened with a serious tone. Merlin laughed even more for that.

"That's it," Gwaine said smiling, at the same time standing up and moving to Merlin's direction. Before he got to Merlin, he was stopped by Ethan, who grabbed ahold of his arm. Ethan looked a little bit angry and that was surprised for Gwaine. All the other knights of Airasan wear the same look on their faces.

"I'm just kidding," Gwaine said trying to understand why they reacted like that.

"It's good someone defends Merlin because that idiot couldn't even raise a sword," Arthur said jokingly. He was clearly trying to break the tension between Gwaine and the knights.

Merlin saw how his knights tried to smile a little and seem relaxed but their jaws were tense. They probably didn't like how Arthur called him 'idiot'.

"So who taught you to fight like that?" Leon asked changing the subject.

"Our prince, who is the best swordsman in the five kingdoms," Sir Lancelot said with awe. "In fact, you need to know something. It's totally understandable if you don't wanna help us after you have heard it."

Merlin saw how the king looked curious. The lost prince knew what Lance was going to tell and he was hoping Arthur would be okay with it.

"In our kingdom magic is legal," Lance stated. "And our prince has magic."

The manservant waited with anxious while Arthur was considering.

"We will still help you as I promised, Arthur finally said. His words were a great relief for Merlin. Maybe the king wouldn't hate him so much after he learns the truth.

__________

In the meantime, a skinny boy with long brown hair was running through the castle of Airasan. He was desperate to hear what was written in the letter he was delivering to the king Keane. It was tempting him to rip it open but he knew it would be against the rules.

When he reached the throne room, he knocked and opened the door after hearing a loud 'enter'.

"Sire, here is a letter from the knight," he said with a tiny bow.

The king's eyes narrowed to the letter and he motioned the servant to bring it. The servant saw how excited Keane was. Like he had been waiting for this many months.

The servant followed the king's emotions while he was reading it. It looked like the message was pleasant. At least a creepy smile spread on his face. And all the things the king found good or exiting were horrible. The skinny servant remembered all the times when people of the citadel died because of the cruel king. It wasn't so long ago since the last time when two little boys were hanged just because they had tried to steal some food. The whole kingdom was starving except the upper class. So because of that almost everyone hated the king Keane. But no one could do anything against him without losing their head.

After a few more minutes, Keane stood up and yelled to his servants who were waiting silently next to the wall:

"Go prepare the horses. Twenty knights will leave to kill the king Arthur Pendragon and all his traveling companies."

__________

Thanks for all the reads and I would love to get some feedback cause I'm trying to improve my writing skills.

And do you want more Merthur in the next chapters???????