May 9, 1845

Germany
7:36 pm
10 years old. Daemon Age

        I sit motionless as my father greets the guests around the table, eating the food in front of me nice and neat, trying my hardest not to make a mess, or get in trouble.

     I can't get into trouble again.

    My body tries to shiver at the idea, but I hold still, breathing a silent breath of relief as I scoop up some food, slowly pulling it into my mouth as I try not to listen to the words around me.

    I know father wants me here so I can listen to the words that are said, feel the magic, the pin, and fear in the stories that they tell. He thinks I'm too kind. Not evil enough. I need to be like him, his first born son, the heir to the throne of Daemon King.

    Not that many people know. Father's too embarrassed to tell the world about me. Only tell them of me and the things that I'll accomplish once I learn to just follow orders. Once I learn to be evil and merciless like him.

    I place my spoon down and hold my breath, before slowly letting it out, calming myself down even as I think about the fact that the only way to survive, the only way to live here and avoid the pain, the disappointment, is to give it. Give in the the voices that try to reach my ears, telling me, urging me to pillage the word of its joy and good. The only way to live is to kill. The only way to keep my head on my shoulders, is to be exactly like him.

    But I don't want to live.

    I want to be free. And be myself.

    I want to help people. I want to find love. 

    Love.

    I want love.

    "Silas." The voice pulls me into the real
world, and it stops, just like my breathing as I slowly turn my head in the direction of my father, the other voices quiet upon hearing his. "Listen to Lord Venom tell his story." He orders me, and I gulp, knowing that I have no choice. Knowing that I'll hate it.

     The Lord turns towards me, and my breathing ceases further once I see his coal dead black eyes, and his grin that tells me he's always in power. "Aye. There was a man who told me that he didn't want to serve me anymore. That he found his Soulmate and he wanted to leave and live with her on the countryside. You know what I did, little daemon?" He asks and I immediately shake my head, hoping and praying that it's good. Wanting it to be good but knowing with everything inside of me that it won't be. "I took him and his new Soulmate to the country side. Showed them a nice little house I owned and then killed his Soulmate and kicked him out of my territory."

      His smile widens and deepens until he finishes and my lip wobbles in fear as those around him laugh, the noises echoing within my head.

     "This is the type of man that holds power boy, vile, evil, hated, feared. You don't get power by being nice and helping people and spilling shit on the table. If you ever want to stop being such a bitch, take notes." Father tells me, his annoyance loud and clear.

     I feel myself some out as I think about those words, so similar to the ones I thought to myself earlier.

     I have to become like him.

    I have to become the type of Daemon people fear and loath.

     I have to make my father proud.

◻️◻️◻️