September 23, 1956

America
10:32 pm
20 years Daemon Age

I walk down the street in pure darkness, not paying attention to the things around me, playing back the words that he screamed at me as he beat me, his boots cutting into my sides as I took it, not making a sound.

It would only make it worse.

"You will never be my son."

I never wanted to be. I would rather be dead than have to claim the title of his son. Another monster in the making.

"You're a disgusting piece of shit that cares about helping people and protecting them."

My steps crutch against the gravel, and my back is tight and rigid as I follow my father, his scented masked by magic, knowing there are too many people in the world that want him dead than to walk around unprotected.

"Weak little bitch. You're the only that out those thoughts into your brother's head."

Weak. I'm weak. I'm twenty years old, and yet here I am, taking beatings and letting him turn me into the kind of monster that would keep me up at night scared as a child. I hate this man, and yet here I am, no binds on my wrist as I follow him through the streets at a distance.

The night is chilly as I walk the dark streets of Kaulike when suddenly a scent, soft but spicy floats around my nose. Cinnamon and roses. And my blood runs cold, because beneath the scent is the smell of cum and sex.

My body freezes up on me and everything inside of my skin and hines wishes that I would turn away and run away from whatever is about to happen.

Maybe we would have gone to a bank and robbed it. Or an Orphanage and scared some kids by creeping around. But instead I see my dad get excited and follow the scent, making my throat close up with bile, not even wanting to allow my mind to follow the route my father is trying to lead me down.

Long live the Daemon King, the disgusting piece of shit.

And then it happens. In slow motion I watch as he grabs the smaller male from the street, hate rising in my body as I sit and watch, disgust for myself growing as I hear the words he tells him, the pained screams and cries coming from the Incubus making me wish I was anywhere but here, especially dead.

The longer I watch, the more my hands ball up into fists, my breathing labored as he spills his disgusting seed into the lifeless body, the tears still streaming down his face, eyes staring blankly at the dark sky, blood and semen dripping out into the alleyway and I watch, disgusted and terrified. And I watch as my father gets up, a fatigued smirk on his face as he turns towards me. "That is how a real man does it." He tells me, kicking aside the board he used to knock the small Incubus down.

He passes me, and I let him, my body turning to follow him after a few second of delay, everything feeling numb and empty.

Because he won.

He told me that if I didn't listen, he would take my brother, and turn him into something I wouldn't even recognize. And so here I am, with every opportunity to run. But I follow him, halfway home where I turn right heading towards a brothel where I know a group of Vampires hang out. And I hope and pray that one of them is on their monthly.

I allow myself to linger around the building, allowing the dark and bad energy to drift into the air.

Not even ten minutes later, I see a young Vampire walking down the steps towards the door, and I let my super speed carry me down the block before turning to watch the Vampire.

I watch with relief as he finds my scent, a curious and hungry look in his eye causing him to follow it, and before he can speed up and catch me, I'm off running again, back towards the body that was left in the alleyway to die. In only two minutes, I find myself passing the barely alive body, and I fight the urge to stop until I'm on top of the roof, looking down as the Vampire finally makes it to the battered body along the sidewalk.

Satisfaction and relief flood me and I turn to make my way back home, and of course when I do, I find blood red eyed staring back at me from across the roof making my chest deflate in pure terror.

"I see the lessons I taught you didn't stick. Let's go see if we can find your brother." He tells me and my heart breaks in regret, wishing I could go back in time and just kill the Incubus to save him from what my father did to him. But it's too late, and the only thing I can do is pay the toll, and hope that he makes it through.

With lead feet and heavy heart, I lead my father home, leaving behind the Incubus in the Vampires arms, hoping I didn't scree him over even more, and that he's finally safe.

Hoping that if I can't save my brother, at least I saved him.

~~~~~~~~
Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Favorite style of house?