𝙴𝙺𝙻𝙴𝙸𝙿𝚂𝙸- 𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

"And that's how Olympus was established

"And that's how Olympus was established." Meroi yawned softly, placing her platinum head against my white one.

My eyes still didn't feel any heavy and she looked dizzy. I nudged her lightly with my elbow, she jerked upwards, blinking furiously. I immediately felt guilty for waking her up.

"Why didn't you sleep?"

"I didn't bat an eyelash Mi."

She chuckled, yawning again, "Let me tell you another story then."

I snuggled up immediately, watching her closely. She stared at me and then placed a hand over my eyes, "There's this secret to sleeping Silver that you tend to close your eyes."

I laughed and pulled my eyelids close. The mattress dug deeper as she came beside me.

"So, I shall tell you about the tale of Eris and the Golden apple. Eris is the goddess of discord. Another daughter of Zeus and the twin sister of Ares, the God of bloodshed and war. Both twins are crazy about fighting and chaos." I peeked through my eyelashes to find her frowning in disgust. I wonder what people are like in real life.

"In the marriage of a sea-nymph Thetis with a mortal, all Gods and Goddesses were invited except Lady Eris. Indignant at not being invited, she determined to cause dissension in the assembly and for this purpose, she threw a golden apple amid the guest with inscription 'For the Fairest'.

"Now as all goddesses were extremely beautiful, each claimed the apple but at length, the rest having relinquished their pretensions, the number of candidates reduced to three. Hera, Athena and Aphrodite."

Meroi stopped to drink water. I followed the soft thund of her footsteps against the carpet as she paced back to the bed.

"The trio went to the mortal prince, Paris who was known for his wisdom. Each goddess offered him some bribery in a way. Aphrodite offered him the most perfect women, Athena did Martial fame and glory and Hera offered extensive dominions."

I opened my eyes, "Why would they bribe him? Aren't they confident?"

Meroi narrowed her eyes at me, "Aren't you supposed to be trying to sleep." I closed my eyes immediately. She sighed.

"They were confident but maybe there is some insecurity after all. Knowing that Aphrodite is the Goddess of beauty. But I know very well that Athena is wise, beautiful and kind. Hera however is...umm...powerful, dominant and beautiful of course. Queen of Gods."

"Paris though gave the apple to Aphrodite. Because being quite puzzled he was straight for the answer that Aphrodite is the 'Fairest'. If fairest means beautiful though. I wonder which definition of beauty synonyms fairness to it. In my eyes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

She sighed again. I could not help but speak, "How did Eris throw the apple really?"

"Silver! You are supposed to be trying to sleep."

I exhaled deeply and turned to my left side. Her soft humming dissovled in the melody of night as darkness took over me and surprisingly I delved into the world of unconciousness.

═━━━━◈━━━━═
Double update! The next chapter is better, I promise.
I loved Momus' thoughts in this chapter. It just flowed outa me. I hadn't thought about it when I actually read the story of the golden apple.
"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..."
And none measures in the world can judge how beautiful we are.