1

Marinette's pov

I sit in the back of the classroom, looking out at the rainy sky through the huge window. Days like these remind me of Hawk Moth, and the day I defeated him in secret. I realized all the signs, and narrowed it down to one person: Gabriel Agreste. I remember breaking through the window, and startling him. I remember the way he looked at me with cold eyes. Him transforming and almost killing me.

But I still won.

I remember leaning down, and grabbing his miraculous, then breaking into his safe and taking everything else that rightfully belongs to me. I remember throwing up my yoyo and fixing the damage done on him, and me, and the house. I walked out the front door, silently crying, grateful that it was over and I can finally feel.

I suddenly get snapped out of the horrid memory of the man as I hear Ms. B. call on me. She asks, "Marinette? What is the answer to number 4?" I look down at my paper and see that it is an easy problem that I answer with no problem. I sigh, and I feel my phone buzz. I look at it, and it is a message from Lila, saying, "Hey, when are you finally gonna stop torturing me and go kill yourself?"

I respond with, "I'll be gone and away soon enough."

I don't mean it as in I'm going to kill myself, but run away instead. But where? Is the question on my mind. I have thought about it almost non stop, and I think I have finally figured it out. New York, I think. Plenty of opportunities and great schools. I wonder about how I'm going to get there, but then remember about the space transformation. I'll just have to go from there. I nod, as my thoughts conclude and the final bell rings.

Now all I have to do is get a certain ring from an alley chat.

I get home, running upstairs and ignore my mom yelling at me, asking how my day was. I'm going to miss them, I think. But shake the thoughts out of my head. I'd much rather miss two people than not missing two people and constantly being scared and sad about my current social status.

Besides, after they started drinking more and the abuse started, I need to get away.

For the past 3 years, I have been learning English on my phone, so that won't be a problem when I go to the states. I think about how my life will change, and how I will no longer be sad and hurt from my class mates. Everyone, including Alya, Nino, and Adrien, have turned against me just because of rumors that Lila started. It started off as me saying something really mean to her, then she changed it to me abusing her and making death threats against her.

That is when I got stared at, then yelled at, and eventually physically abused by everyone. They yell at me for treating Lila that way, then treat me the way she claims me treating her. She has won. So why won't she stop?

I suddenly snap out of my thoughts and look at the time, seeing that I have to go meet with Chat now. I sigh, then transform. I begin to jump from roof to roof, thinking on how I am going to tell him I need his ring and that Hawk Moth is gone. I get to the meeting place, and see him already there, singing his kitty on a roof song.

I land behind him and say, "Hey Chat." He turns around and sees me, then smiles and says, "M'lady! I'm so glad to see you. What did you want to talk about?" I sit down next to him, looking over the city. I start, "You know how Hawk Moth has been really quiet lately?" He nods, wanting me to keep going. "Well," I continue, thinking on how I am going to phrase it. "It's because I figured out who he was, then I fought him, and defeated him." Chat looks stunned, and says, "That's so good! Why do you seem down about it?"

I turn my head and say, "Because now I need to move, and I need that ring on your finger." He looks shocked, then asks, "You're taking Plagg away from me? You're leaving?" I feel tears begin to well up in my eyes, and I nod. He says, "Okay. Good bye M'lady." Before he changes back, he pulls me into his arms. His hug is strong, and I don't want this to end. He's my partner; my friend.

But eventually he pulls away, and I  hear him call off his transformation. He says, "I want you to look at who I am. I want you to know." I stand up, looking at my feet, and he grabs my hand, putting the ring inside of it.

I slowly look up, and see Adrien standing in front of me with a shy, nice smile on his face. No. I think. Why is it you? I suddenly feel betrayed and hurt and hear him say, "So? How do you feel about it being me?" I look at him, blocking off all of my emotions and pain, and flatly whisper, "I wish it wasn't you. I used to care about and love you in my civilian life. I kept on rejecting you for you. But now? Now I hate you. You are not the person I thought you were."

I look up at him and see pain in his eyes. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "Good bye Mr. Agreste. It was a pleasure to have you by my side before I knew who you were." I turn around, his ring in hand, and swing my yoyo, jumping off the roof.

I get home, hurt and so ready to leave. I sob as I put the ring in the box, and go to my closet, pulling out 3 suitcases. I fill two with clothes, and other necessities, and the third one I fill with keep sakes.

I go onto my computer, and register for a public school that seems to have the best living options and work options in the area. I grab my phone, and take out the sd card, smashing it, making my phone forget everything on it. I open up my drawer, and grab the one I bought earlier, popping it into my phone. I set it up, and go over to my desk, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. I begin to write:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am sorry for leaving, but I can't handle it anymore. I need to start over. I may come back in the future, put right now, I can't handle everything. I love and will miss you both very much. I love you, and I am sorry.

Marinette

I look over my note one more time, then nod, placing it on my desk. I take a deep breath, holding backs sob and say, "Tikki, let's go." She comes out of her hiding spot, and nods. She flies next to my cheek, and hugs me gently. I have her power up with the macaroon, then transform.

I grab the miracle box, then my bags, and look around my room one last time and silently cry. When I get up to my roof, I look around the city that used to bring me so much love and joy, then whisper, "Good bye. Thank you for my life." Then I take off, heading towards New York City.

Towards my new life.