Chapter 6: The Jackson's

I'm currently reapplying mascara before I head to the party.

I hear knocking on the door. I immediately open it thinking Nicole or Loren forgot something but it's not one of them....

It's Chase.

He's standing in the hallway holding a necktie. He looks so attractive dressed up.

"I was praying you'd still be here." He says as I motion for him to come in.

"I'm here. Was actually about to leave."

"I have a favor to ask."

"Okay, I'm all ears."

He start pacing back and forth in the kitchen.

"My parents came to my game tonight. I have a dinner with them tonight. I don't know how to do this." He says while holding up his necktie.

I laugh. "What? I'm sorry but who normally does your necktie?" Most college athletes should know how to tie a tie.

"Well my sister but she graduated last year. I was going to ask the Loren, Nicole, or the guys but they would laugh. So do you know how?"

"Yes, I know how. I do have two brothers. It's quite simple though." I say as I take a step closer to him and invade his personal bubble.

I grab the necktie out of his hands and stand on my tippy toes to get it over his head. When I land back on my bare feet he's a step closer to me. Now in my personal bubble. I can feel his breath on my skin.

As I start to tie is necktie he asked for another favor.

"Can you do something else for me?"

"I won't tie your shoes." I joke.

"Will you be my date tonight?" Bomb dropped. I freeze and he starts talking.

"My date backed out. I was going to take a friend who goes to Duke but she got a stomach bug last minute. Now that I think about it she just backed out 10 minutes ago. My father hates her maybe that's why. Is my father scaring off my friends." He rambling now. He doesn't want to hear the rejection.

"Chase, I'll be your date. On one condition."

I watch as he lets out a breath he was holding in.

"What's the condition?" He ask

"You and the rest of the group will stop being nosy. When I want to tell y'all about me, I will. I just don't. Not at the moment. Don't lie and say you weren't being nosy because you liked a photo on my Instagram from 3 years."

"I'll stop being nosy but I can't say the same for the others. Now why do you want to come?"

"Maybe I'm nosy. Plus I wasn't really in the mood for a party. Now I need to get changed for the third time because you can't out dress me." I say as I finish tying his tie.

I head to my room and put on my knotted pink satin dress. I decided on wearing nice sandals because if I wear heels I'm going to be taller than Chase. I don't think he'd appreciate that.

"I can't bend in this dress but I'll be just fine." I say as I emerge from my room.

Chase looks and me and doesn't say anything. He just stares. "Did I dress too slutty? I didn't think I did. It might show off my curves but no skin is out. Or is it not dressy enough? I can borrow one of the girls dresses. Chase! Chase! Hello! What do I need to change into?"

He snaps out of whatever trance he was in. "You look perfect." He says barely above a whisper.

"Thank you." I say as I feel my cheeks heating up.