Ch. 20 - The Shower

That night when Rachel walked into the bar for her shift, she was shocked at how busy they were. It was by far the busiest she had ever seen it, but that made sense because it was the first time she had worked a Friday night. She hadn't been prepared for the craziness she was walking into. There were shoulder to shoulder people and she could barely make it through them to get back behind the bar. 

"Hey gorgeous," Cain smiled, giving her a quick kiss before going back to making someone's drink order. Rachel put on her apron and jumped in and started helping right away. He had to help her a few times with making mixed drinks that he hadn't shown her before but she remembered the ones he had already taught her and even got compliments and extra tips on them. She was catching on really fast. By the end of the night their tip jar was overflowing and they were both exhausted. 

She clung onto his arm as they walked out to his truck through three inches of fresh snow and he asked, "You're still coming back to my place and spending the night right?"

"Yeah. I told Mom not to expect me home tonight."

"Good," he smiled, looking happy to hear that as he unlocked the truck and opened her door for her.

"And I don't have to be at the rink until 11:00 tomorrow so we get to sleep in, she said as she reached up on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss." 

"Oh I don't think there'll be too much sleeping going on in the morning," he laughed. "Just so you know," he said with a flirty smile and a wink as he took her hand and helped her up inside the truck. 

"Well, I wouldn't want it any other way. Just so you know," she said with a smirk, leaning in and giving him another kiss before he stepped back and closed her door and she scooted over into the middle seat so she could be next to him and slipped on her seatbelt.

On the way to Cain's house she sat up against him and rested her head on his shoulder and held his hand. She was happy when they finally pulled onto his long gravel road and she saw his house. 

"Are you hungry?" he asked, pulling into the garage and turning off the engine. "I could make us some food." 

"Yeah, I'm actually starving. I was running late earlier so I didn't have a chance to eat dinner and it's not like I could eat at the bar. They don't have any of the healthy stuff I'm allowed to eat on my diet plan." 

"Well you're in luck cause I happen to have a lot of healthy food," Cain smiled, leading her inside and into the kitchen before sitting her down at a bar stool. 

"Of course you have healthy food," she laughed. "You're in amazing shape and you're a personal trainer." 

He opened the refrigerator and looked around before asking, "How does blackened salmon with a cajun spice rub and steamed asparagus with seasoned brown rice sound?"

"Mmmmm. That sounds amazing. You want me to help? I'm a really good cook."

"Nope, I've got it. You've had a long day so just sit there and relax and I'll cook for us," he said leaning down and giving her a kiss before getting all of the ingredients out and starting it. 

Pretty soon there was a sizzling sound on a pan and he was grabbing out spices and sprinkling them onto the salmon as he seared it. 

"That smells amazing," she said, taking a deep breath in.

"You know, just because food is healthy doesn't mean it has to taste bad. There's a lot of healthy seasonings you can use to add flavor that are good for you." 

Pretty soon it was done and Cain slid a plate in front of her that had brown rice at the bottom, a square of Salmon with a golden brown outside and a sauce poured over the top with steamed asparagus on the side.