Chapter 6

"How are your parents doing today?" Aspen asked as he stirred the pan, watching his girl do a happy little dance as she tried a bite of the brownies she made. She was so cute.

"Good I think! I am not sure they would tell me otherwise though. I can't wait for them to get here." Harlow held up a piece of brownie to his mouth.

"Yum. Maybe we should skip tacos and eat dessert," he grinned. "Well, the house is all ready to go if you want to pick out furniture and start making arrangements for them to come."

"Having you and my parents and tacos and brownies. It's going to be the best." She wrapped his arm around his waist. "Thank you for everything."

"You don't have to thank me. We're mates. I'm here to take care of you and your family. Family is everything to a wolf."

Harlow moved from his warmth to the cabinet to gather some dishes for their meal.

"Do you think they'll like me?" Aspen asked softly.

"They know how happy you make me," she said just as softly. "And that's all they ever want for me. I have no doubt that they will love you."

He continued his task, "I've missed my parents, especially as I've gotten older. I think it's a blessing that you are so close with yours."

She stepped closer again, rubbing his back. He was such a sweet man.

"Your parents would have been very proud of you." A tear fell onto his cheek and she reached to brush it away, continuing without mentioning it. "Mama loves to cook, so be prepared for her to fatten you up."

He gave a short laugh to distract himself from the path of his thoughts. "I have a feeling the cooks will have a blast having her around, and there's also a group that gets together that sews. Almost like a club."

"Yeah?" Harlow couldn't wait. She also hoped Papa would be able to find something to do. He hated spending the days inside, and she felt the pack would be way more accepting of him, even if he was a bit limited.

A little while later, Aspen and Harlow were curled in bed. He was reading and she was laying content on his chest.

"I am getting a little bored," she admitted softly. "Which doesn't make any sense because I have always had to work, so there should be lots of things I want to do." She was running her palm in a soothing motion over his covered chest.

He gave a hum. "I don't think that's boredom, I think you just don't know what to do. You could go to training with me like you suggested the other night, or you could prep meals with the cooks. You could hang out with Lisa, or even volunteer at the school or daycares to see the puppies."

She thought about it a moment. "I'd probably like the daycare. I'll have to go over there tomorrow."

"You're not confined to the house. You can wonder around. Anybody would be happy to talk or hang out with you. You are their Luna after all."

"I know that. I've just been a little hesitant," Harlow mumbled, snuggling close.

Aspen reached up to turn off the lamp.

"Goodnight."

----

Aspen was right. Werewolf pups were adorable. Harlow learned that kids shifted at age ten and so she went to the elementary school during recess.

The newly shifted pups were given lots of outdoor time to release all of that energy.

It was weird though, all of the pups seemed to migrate towards her. Each one of them eager for attention.

"It's the Luna in you," a teacher smiled.

Harlow seemed to run around with them all day. She had been tackled and licked and nipped. The kids who couldn't shift were just as happy to see her. They were just a little more calm.

She went home and showered and crashed on the couch.

She only woke slightly when she was lifted and placed on a warm chest that she knew belonged to Aspen. She knew his smell and the feel of him by now.

Aspen smiled as he cuddled the sleepy girl. The school had given her high praise with the kids today and that made him so happy. He was thrilled she was making an effort, and being accepted by everybody. She was a true Luna - a precious gift to the pack.

He dozed with her for an hour before he decided to wake her. She wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if he didn't.

"Hey, sweetheart," he cooed, shaking her gently. "It's time to get up. We should get some dinner. It's getting late."

"Hmm," she mumbled, gripped his shirt as she stirred. "Leave me alone."

Aspen chuckled, pushing her messy hair from her face. "Don't be like that, baby. I can feel your stomach growling."

She peeked up at him, stretching slighty, "I was so comfortable."

"I know. I'm sorry. I could stay here all day."

"You should."

"I should?" he smiled, leaning down to kiss her head and then her cheeks.

She lifted her head and pulled away, "Your beard is scratchy."

He continued to pepper kisses on her face and Harlow giggled in protest.

"Should I shave it off then?"

She sat up, fully awake. "Do you know how weird that would look?" She took her hands and covered his beard as if she were imagining it.

"I'd do it though, for you," Aspen smiled, covering her small hands with his large ones.

"That's sweet, but please don't."

She leaned forward to give him a gentle kiss. This time he pushed back, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.