Chapter 2 - a strange encounter

After Mr.Wu gave me the VIP pass, I took this time to get a better look at each training compound. I borrowed one of the security's jeeps and drove down to my first destination. As I drove further from the Central Park, a small red light revealed itself from the distance. I squinted my eyes and saw security guards hopping in their vehicles holding tranquilliser guns.

Slowing down I took this chance to analyse what was going on, everyone seemed to be frantic and running around. As I stared at the what was happening in the distance, a didn't take notice of the crunching of leafs 3 meters behind me. As I turned to my side to grab my phone on the passengers seat, I was flung by a reptilian tail. Hitting my backside against a tree.

I groaned in pain, trying to take in what happened. A hissing noise was heard by my vehicle, as a 6 feet velociraptor made its entrance. Hissing as it came closer to my figure, warning me as I moved my hand in-front of my face, preparing myself for it gnaw my hand off. I clenched my eyes as it took another step. I could hear its breath from my ears, feeling my hair sway forward when it inhaled.

As it became quieter I took this as a sign that it chose not to kill me yet. As I opened my eyes I saw a pair of shimmering blue orbs stare at mine. Admiring the mix of blue and green, I felt entranced. The velociraptor walked forward to where it towered over my figure. It lowered its torso, its face inches from mine...

BZTTT

The security team parked right by my vehicle. Taking no time to waste, they shocked the blue striped raptor. Feeling angered it turned around and hissed at the team of armoured people. Diving at one, it dug its claw attached to its foot into the mans pelvis. Screaming, he then ordered everyone to aim fire, shooting the tranquilliser bullets. The velociraptor screeched at the guards, as 5 bullets struck its skin. Feeling light headed, it swayed left to right as it collapsed to the ground.

——time-skip 5 minutes——

"I'm surprised he didn't kill you." Owen blurted out. He had helped me off the ground and dusted me off. "Are you new here?" He asked, "Oh um, I'm a new trainer, I was hired by Mr. Wu to train a new dinosaur." I attempted to stretch my back but regretted it as I cried in pain. "Hey, are you alright? I may not seem like a doctor but I used to be in the navy. Let me check that out for you."

He placed me down on a log. "May I?" I nodded as he lifted the back of my shirt. There was a small purple bruise. "Surprised you didn't break something." He pulled my shirt back down. "Why is that?" I asked, turning to face him. "Not many come out as safe as you when being flung by a raptors tail out a vehicle." "Well I guess luck was on my side." I said as I slowly got up.

"I'm Owen Grady," he reached his hand out to me. "Bella Cardle, nice meeting you." I shook his hand. "Mind if I drive you back to your place? It's getting late after all." I looked at my watch and saw it read 17:00. Shoot, Why is it 5 already?! "Are you a fast driver?" "You bet I am."

——time-skip 20 minutes——

"Thanks for the ride." I said as we arrived at my hotel. "Anytime, that's what friends are for right?" "So I'm your friend now?" I asked. "Yup, and you are welcome to visit me and my raptors anytime." "I doubt I'll go back after what happened, but thanks." I waved him off as he jumped on his motorbike. "See you later!" He switched his light on and drove back the way we came, he seems like a nice guy.

I hopped on my bed and hugged my pillows. Today's been a big day. First the hatching of the fiery eyed dinosaurs and now I came face to face with death! I think I need to have a rest after everything. I took a shower and put my pyjamas on. I hopped under my silky covers and turned the lamp off, letting darkness takeover my view.I hope tomorrow is better.

...

———hellooooo, author here! I hope you are enjoying this book like I am, no indominus rex in this chapter but instead we saw a strange reaction from Blue? And yes, in this book there will be some gender changes.———