t w o LAKE OF FIRE

t w o LAKE OF FIRE

        I have never seen a dead body before I had never had I planned on seeing one either. They look nothing like they do on television either because they are actually dead sitting right there in front of you. There was something particularly different about these bodies though. Every single one of them were burnt to a crisp. Their eyes were pure white. Any iris and pupil they had once had were missing. The man or woman who was floating in front of me lips slightly opened and to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, I moved inch closer.

        It's head rolled to where it was facing me, half of it's face now covered in the what I figured to be blood. Slowly, I started swimming back with my eyes still on the body. Even though it was hard to tell, I knew it was staring at me. I knew the carcass was still alive. "ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTERS,"   I jerked backwards at the deep, raspy voice. A shriek left my mouth. Alot like how the bodies appeared, the water began to boil.This time they began to scream whilst the water began to steam. I screamed at the burning sensation taking over my body.

        From a distance I could see land and I had no other choice to swim through the bodies. I reached my arms forward pushing them out of my way. Everything that was under the blood was stinging. If I didn't hurry up out of the sea of blood, I would end up like all of these bodies. As I swim pass them they constantly screamed, reaching out for me like I could help. Swimming closer to land, I could see buildings, but no people. The blood became shallower to the point I could walk. Quickly I began running through the thick liquid to land.

        Whimpering, I fell onto the concrete out of the boiling blood. Blisters formed on my skin from the shoulders down. My still burned and I could see the steam rising of my pink tint skin. I laid flat on my back, staring up at the grey sky. There was no Sun, no Moon, no clouds. It was just grey. Where am I? This is defiantly not the sewage. Last time I checked blood did not run under the town. Over the sound of the bodies shrieking, I heard the familiar sound of a child screaming. To avoid hurting my aching body I slowly leaned up and turned my head back to see a little girl.

        She was running towards me with tears running down her face. Her brown curly hair was pulled perfectly into pigtails with baby pink bows. I couldn't help but to think she had a familiar face. "Help me," she cried, grasping hold of my legs. I winced feeling the burn shoot through my body. She looked up at me with sky blue eyes filled with tears. I had seen this little girl before. Before I could respond, two blood soaked bunnies came running our way. To my assumption it was a person in a custom, but they had an axe and bat which was dripping with blood.

        The little girl grabbed my hand and we ran towards the town. There was still no one else to be seen. The city was a ghost town. We continued to run glancing back every so often to see the Bunnies where still right behind us. I finally decided that instead of running on the streets where they could see us to run down a alley. So I sharply turned into the nearest ally with the little girl beside my side. It was a dark and hard to see, but when I felt the little girl's hand slipped from mine I stopped dead in my tracks. She was standing still in the middle of the way. I could hear footsteps then see the bunnies pass the ally we where in.

        "Why did you stop?" I whispered crouching down in front of her. For a moment she stared at me giving a dumbfounded look. Then it hit me. The little girl was me when I was a little. Her lips opened slightly then she began to scream as loud as she could to the top of her lungs. "Stop!" I whispered-yelled. Streets lights began to flicker on giving up our hiding spot. "Shut up!" I said a little louder then before. The sound of the bunnies rushing our way mixed with her screams. I tugged her arm when the bunnies spotted us but she didn't budge. How am I suppose to leave a girl to get murdered? "Come on!" I screamed.

        The little girl's eyes turned a glossy white like the bodies I discovered in the blood. Maggots crawled from her ears, nose and mouth. Slowly her body dissolved into millions of tiny maggots. The bunnies were feet away from me now. Still in shock I turned and began running away. The lights flickered off once more. I couldn't see them anymore but I could hear their feet. A hand grasped my arm making me cry out and I was yanked through a door. I landed on the floor with an umph.

        Arms wrapped around my torso bringing me to their chest, "Blaise," They sighed onto my shoulder. Right away I recognized the voice. I rested my hands on their broad shoulders pushing them back to see their face.

        "Luke," I cried pulling him back into the hug, "I thought you where dead."

        "No," He hummed pulling me back so he could see my face, "I'm not dead." He had a gentle smile on his features. His hair had grew a darker shade of dirty blond and there was purple bags under his eyes. Cuts and scars scattered his face and down his neck. His outfit-the same one he had on the night I remember seeing him last- was stained and ripped.

        "What's going on?" I finally asked.

        "I am not sure really. I thought I was the only one here other then those freaking bunnies. There are more too. The other day I was chased by clowns. I hate those things. I haven't slept since I have been down here, Blaise. I am too scared to plus the screams keep me up at night." He sighed leaning up against the wall. He hasn't slept in months? Is that even possible? He is exaggerating. He was always one to over react about everything. I crawled over beside him leaning against the wall too. I was relieved he had saved me from the bunnies, but I am still confused about everything. None of this adds up.

        "Hey, Blaise." he said breaking the silence, "I'm sorry."

        "Yeah, me too."

i will be posting the first chapter of jail cell tomorrow i am too sleepy right now, but i plan for every time i update this story imma update jail cell. i was thinking i could update every Thursday after school. does that sound okay to you guys?