o n e THE NEWS

O N E      THE NEWS

        "How can you not like Lana Del Ray? That's like saying you don't believe in God!" Cara exclaims to Ashton making nearly half of the people in McDonald's look at our group in the back corner.

        "I don't believe in God." He smirked.

        "You are going to hell."

        "Well, I will just have to save a spot for you."

        Cara huffed reaching forward to grab her drink making Ashton smile in achievement. The rest of us laughed breathlessly and continued to eat and carry on small chat. Every so often I couldn't help, but to steal a glance from the people around me. These guys were basically family since my family wasn't here which is partially the reason why I asked for us to all eat here tonight. There was something I had to tell them, but my heart just sank every time I tried to say the words.

        A month ago my grandma (whom I live with) told me that she did not think she was going to last another two months. It's not that she is ill or anything, she is just fairly old and can't get around like she use to. Since my grandfather died back in '09 due to heart problems, she wants to move into a nursing home and for me to fly to England where my mother lives. At first I did not want to go, but my Aunt Caroline convinced me it would be the best thing to do. So, in a week I fly to London, England to stay with my mother.

        The story of how the seven (well, use to be eight) of us met is a completely different story. Its kind of long, but I will say its a story that should be told. Anyways the kind-of sort-of really cliche story begins with completely different strangers wind up in a jail cell or a holding cell what ever you call it. So you can say that was one memorable night for all of us.

        "So, Blaise, what is it you wanted to tell us?" Calum asked coolly sipping his drink. Everyone looked at me causing my cheeks to tint pink.

        "Well, um, y'all know my grandmother?" It was a stupid question, but it was the only way I knew how to start it out. They all mumbled 'yeahs'. I noticed Cara giving me an odd stare, but I just ignored and continued to stare at my fries. "She is pretty old, y'know? So uh she decided she wants to uh move into a old folks home." That's when they all looked at me strangely.

        "So," Cara interrupted looking rather angry, "Where are you going to live?"

        "With my mom." I stated. Her eyes widened. I kind of figured she would be the most upset about the move considering we have always been the closest. 

        "But your Mom lives in London, right?" Rose asked with confusion in her voice. Before I could answer, Michael butted in.

        "You are moving to London?" Michael nearly exclaimed.

        "No way," Calum mumbled under his breath.

        For the first time today Imogen spoke, "When?"

        "In a week." I sighed.

        Cara, who was sitting on the end, roughly stood up from her spot, "I can't believe you! How long have you known about this?" Everyone looked at me with sad eyes causing my eyes to tear up slightly.

        "A month." I said barely audible.

        "A month!" She scoffed, "What about Luke!" she cried out. I could tell people where watching us, but at the mention of his name tears rushed to my eyes and I stud up from my seat.

        "He is gone, Cara!" I exclaimed, slamming my hands down onto the table. Rose gently laid her hand on my back as a sign of comfort. Michael sighed gathering everyone's empty food wrappers and piling them onto the tray. Calum, Imogen, and Ashton quietly listen since they have heard it all before. Luke was eighth person in our group, but nearly six months ago the two of us got into an argument(yes,we were a couple) and he disappeared.

        "People just don't just disappear, Blaise!"

        "It happens all the time!"

        "You are unbelievable." She scoffed then quickly turned away and immediately started walking towards the exit. Ashton quickly hopped up from his seat chasing after. Everyone quickly followed except for Michael and I. For a moment he stared at me with sad puppy dog eyes then sighed before he got up left me sitting there. I cried. For about five minutes, I sat at that stupid Mcdonald's booth crying.

        After crying, I quickly walked out to see them all standing out beside the door except for Cara and Ashton. They were both standing beside Michael's van, Cara was yelling and Lane was trying to calm her down. I let out a sniffle causing the rest of the group to look at me. Honestly they just glanced at me before staring back at the concrete. With out thinking, I ran. My plan was to run home which was literally thirty minutes away.

        The chilly winter air hit my face as I began to run. My keds hit the ground faster then I ever knew I could run. Thoughts of leaving this place with my friends hating me was probably my new worst fear. Every one thing that could of went wrong, happened. For a second I thought I heard Calum calling my name. Quickly I turned back to glance to see all of my friends staring at me. Then something happened. When I took another step, my feet didn't hit the ground. My body just went straight down, and all I could think to do was scream. It took me a few seconds to realize I was falling.

        Have you ever tripped and the only thing you could think was holy crap then you actually hit the ground and that's when you think ow okay I just fell down. This was something completely different. Everything was a complete blur around me, I couldn't make out a thing then my feet kicking around me. I could think perfectly fine, but all I could think was how long have I been falling. It felt like hours I sat there kicking my feet waiting to land. There was no possible way I could stop screaming because I was honestly terrified and didn't know what else to do.

        After minutes of falling, which felt like hours, I finally could see light. My head was pounding and I looked down to only see red. Next thing I know, my whole body was under water. I hurriedly came back up to the surface gasping for air. My legs furiously kicked back and fourth to keep me from going under. There was something different about this water, it wasn't a blue or clear like the regular water. It was a red that smelt awful. It was thicker too. I cried out when my finger tip brushed something under the water. My heart raced as I couldn't see through the thick liquid. Small bubbles started circling me then it was like all at once, hundred of bodies started floating to the surface.

sup fam

there will be a spin off book to this book called JAIL CELL it is about how these kids met

you dont have to read it

if you dont like the way this is going then you can just read jail cell

idc

ily