11| Hypocrite

This chapter is dedicated to @the_pencil_writer ! Thank you so much for all the votes and comments, girl!! It motivates me a lot!!❤❤

-:Ashton's POV:-

I was getting increasingly frustrated with our mate. If only she wasn't a Crescent Moon, I would have claimed her by then already. 

She was a feisty one. She didn't fall in my feet, begging to be accepted like I originally thought she would. She maintained her distance, remained civil as long as she could, and was apparently quite popular in her pack.

That wouldn't be a surprise though, she was the daughter of the Alpha. Of course, they loved her. Even in the halls, I could hear people whispering about her as she walked by. She seemed oblivious to what her arrival has done to the school. Bree told me that the Queen Bee of the school was rather pissed off about it. Especially because all Cecelia did was exist and yet she was more beloved.

She would make a great Luna. That made Xavier puff his chest in pride. Speaking of, the mindless wolf told her his real name. Who does that? The first time we met, too? She seemed great and all, but how could he trust her without knowing her first? For all we knew, she might have been using it to weaken us! I was an Alpha and I couldn't afford that. Whenever I brought that up, Xavier would growl and jump to her defense.

Like I said, mindless.

She could dance well, I could give her that. And when she managed to get me to do a small routine in one period, I was stupefied. When I told Bree, she laughed and said, I quote, 'she's exactly right for you'. At which, I jogged her memory using two magic words 'Crescent Moon' and all was back on track.

I was already in a bad mood when Cecelia was late for school that Wednesday. What? She was my mate. I couldn't have her because of our unique situation. That did not mean I wasn't already falling for that confident, sassy, beau-

What? Well, fuck. Xavier smirked.

'And you call me whipped,' he taunted.

Anyways, I was in a bad mood. I lost it when I got the first note in my locker. A note that reeked of Crescent Moon members.

You trespass, you suffer the consequence. This means war. I warned you, Ashton.

My blood boiled at that. I knew she couldn't be trusted. I knew it. That snitch. I wanted to kill her myself. How did she even dare to do it? I was her mate! 

Crescent Moons.

"You alright, man?" Noel asked. We had sort of made up. Noel had always been the peacekeeper. Hayden was still distant and I missed my best friend. But, oh well.

I shoved the note at him. He read it and his eyes widened.

"You trespassed?" He hissed. "That too on the Crescent Moon territory of all the places you could've trespassed into?"

Hayden watched our exchange impassively.

"Keep it down!" I snapped at him, opening a mind link between the three of us.

'Why did you?' Noel asked. I gave him a pointed look.

'To meet Luna?' He guessed with a smirk. I glared at him.

'She is not your Luna!' I grit out.

'You are our Alpha, she is your mate. That makes her our Luna. It's simple math, Ashton.' Hayden said dryly. We went into the classroom for the first period and took our seats. I greeted Bree with a smile when I sat down next to her and signaled her that I was mind linking. She smiled back and went back to her work.