23| Girlfriend

This chapter is dedicated to @marrichxtt for adding this book to their reading list. Thank so you so much, you made my day!❤❤

-:Cecelia's POV:-

I was happy to be going back to school. I had needed to get out. The same old being cooped up within four walls wasn't sitting well with me. Especially since yesterday afternoon because I had narked up two Alpha males.

Not that they didn't deserve it.

Julian had laughed idiotically when I told him the situation. I'd scowled at him like he'd lost a screw. Ha, like that affected him. If anything, he laughed harder. I don't even know why I was surprised.

"Julian," I cried, galled. He was very amused. Such a loyal friend.

"W-wow!" He chaffed between laughs, "I can't b-believe you said th-that to them!"

"Julian Gavin Curtis!" I snapped in exasperation. "Get your fucking act together!"

"Ooo Lia," he laughed. "You're hilarious."

I huffed. He knew I couldn't do anything so he was explicitly annoying me. I threw my pillow at him.

"Ouch, that hurt," he taunted, grinning.

"Shut up and let's go," I rolled my eyes. It was early on Monday morning. I was up early and so was Julian. He was supposed to help train the kids but Aaron was already there so he decided he could irritate me.

"Where?" He asked.

"On a run," I deadpanned. "Where else would we go at six-thirty in the morning, Jules?"

"Nope," he outrightly refused.

"Why?" I demanded, pulling him up. Or at least, trying to.

"Because you need to rest," he said.

"Again with that crap again, Julian?" I looked at him, agitated.

"Cecel-"

"Oh, don't you start with me," I snapped. "You were fine with going on a run yesterday. You and I both know why I suddenly can't. I won't take this crap. I'm going whether you join me or not. And I say this for both school and the run."

He sighed deeply, pulling at his hair in frustration.

"Fine," he finally forced out, getting up. We went downstairs and out the back door. The same path I used to take every day, all the way to the stream. Not a single word was exchanged between us.

"Jules, I can't let a stupid prankster dictate my life," I told him, trying to ease the tension between us. I ignored how I was feeling a little out of breath.

"I know," he said curtly.

"Then why are we having this disagreement?" I asked.

"This is serious, Lia." He began gravely. "It almost cost you your life."

"The way I see it, hiding under a rock and not living my life the way I did before is the way I'll be giving them power over me," I said. "And I'd rather die than let that happen. Things keep on happening, Julian. All around you some or the other misfortune is hitting people. It's just how life is. That doesn't mean that you stop living. That doesn't mean that time comes to a standstill. The world still goes on, and so should you. The prank wasn't the best, I agree. But it's over now and I'm alright. It's time for things to go back to normal."

He looked at me stoically. I stared right back. It was important to me for him to understand.

"Is this about the bullying, Lia?" He asked me. I broke my gaze away.