19| Best Friends

-:Cecelia's POV:-

I woke up early that morning. I had been on sedatives the day before so I was sleeping all day yesterday. I slept early as well. 

That would explain why the clock said it was three minutes to four in the morning.

My head felt vacant and it hurt a little from sleeping too much. My body was stiff from the lack of activity and I desperately wanted to go out. I tried mind linking the nurse and cussed when I realized I couldn't. 

I still had wolfsbane in my system.

From the slight light entering from the ajar door, I saw Ashton sleeping peacefully on the couch and a smile broke out on my face. He looked so cute when he was sleeping. I didn't know how long I was staring, but the door opening snapped my attention there. I wiped my mouth to make sure there wasn't any drool.

There wasn't.

"Julian?" I guessed in a whisper, eyeing the figure in the doorway. I had a feeling it was him because no one else used to wake up that early in this Packhouse. Even if they did, they wouldn't bother visiting me. I couldn't smell well because of the stupid wolfsbane. I felt crippled. Like you humans when you have a cold or something. Annoying.

"Yup," he answered. He moved towards the light switches but I stopped him at the last moment.

"Don't!" I hissed.

"Why?"

"Ashton came in late last night," I mumbled. He stopped and came to sit beside me. 

"Really?" He asked, his voice infused with humor. I scowled, knowing his vision would be sharp enough to catch it.

"Yeah," I replied, knowing he would tease me.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I pretended to be asleep and he kissed my forehead before he crashed," I smiled fondly at the memory.

"You what?" He laughed. "Lia, th-"

"You know what?" I cut him off, not wanting to be teased.

"Hmm?" He hummed to humor me. It was obvious he was holding back a laugh.

"I want to take a shower!" I whined. "I feel so filthy."

"Hmm, I'll ask the nurse." He nodded, accepting the new direction of the conversation.

"You're the best!" I sighed.

"Eh," he waved me off before he left to locate Julia.

They came in minutes later. Julia switched on the lights despite my protests, blinding me. Seriously, how do you humans tolerate it?

I glanced at Ashton to see him turn around and snuggle into the couch with a groan. I glared at Julia. She shrugged, unbothered.

"Do you want a shower or not?" She asked me in a quiet voice. I nodded, nettled. She wordlessly worked on my hand and pulled out the drip.

"You have half an hour," she warned before leaving.

"I better get started then," I sighed and Julian chuckled. He helped me to my room and waited while I got showered and dressed.

I refused to accept help on my way back despite my protesting body. Julian knew better than to argue and convince me otherwise. By the time we reached my assigned room in the medical ward, I was a panting mess. I climbed into the bed and closed my eyes, trying to catch my breath. Julian chuckled but I didn't have enough energy to tell him off.