Chapter 9

??? POV

Everyone at school had been annoying as usual today, classes droned on for what seemed like hours and I just had to miss the bus. Luckily it was the first day of summer break. A deep sigh left my lips as I walked down the concrete path.

Cars drove past me and I could smell the gasoline, disgusting. I got bored of walking with my head down so I took a look around, my crimson eyes aimlessly fluttering from place to place.

I looked at the sunset, it was pretty and calmed me down a bit. The warmth of the sun relaxed me. I continued walking until I heard.. some kind of metal scraping? I wasn't really sure but I just ignored it.

I kept walking and started walking over a bridge, you could see the ocean from here and it was stunning, I would have loved to admire it further but the sound of soft sobs broke me from my thoughts.

"The fuck?" I grumbled to myself as I spotted a part in the chain link fence had been lifted, someone needs to check that out.

I heard another sniffle and I looked around, until I saw him.

A boy with messy hair, standing dangerously close to the edge. What the fuck? He's gonna fall doesn't he know that?

I got a look at his face and he was smiling a bit..

My eyes widened. No..

I ran towards the boy without hesitation. I usually don't care about other peoples problems but that didn't matter to me at the moment, the only thing that mattered right now and then was the green haired boys life.

"Hey! Stop what the fuck are you thinking?! Get away from there!!" I yelled out to the boy while running, my heart pounded harder in my rib cage as I saw him look down. I made my way through the hole in the fence as he stepped off.

My hand harshly grabbed him arm and he seemed confused. His eye lids began to droop as he passed out. My spiky blonde hair fell in front of my face a bit as I looked down.

I pulled him up with all my might and fell onto the safety of the sidewalk. I just sat there for a moment with the passed out boy straddling my lap. I was still in shock from what happened and only just grasped the situation.

He was gonna kill himself. The thought brought back horrible memories and my grip on the boy tightened, I don't know why but I felt a wave of protectiveness wash over me.

I wanted to keep him safe from the same fate as.. no I can't think about him now, he's already gone. I've got bigger problems.

I adjusted my backpack on my shoulder before I stood up, carrying the frail boy in my arms and pulling him to my chest. He felt so light.. too light. I frowned a bit before I started walking home again.

I'm only doing this so he doesn't end up like.. Him. I don't want to let anyone else have to suffer like he did.

———————————————————————————

Izuku's POV

Right now I felt warm, what was going on? Did I die? Maybe I made it to heaven.. or is heaven even real?

I started hearing faint noises coming from somewhere around me. I opened my eyes to see a roof over my head, one I'd never seen before.