chapter 40 - father may I

Waking in the warmth between Lucinda's thighs was something else, waking her to the feeling of my tongue. After getting clean in the shower together it became obvious Ree had left after finding a farewell note.

She had good reason for her haste as her flight was moved and there were legit troubles with the group that she needed to deal with.

But it still pissed me off.

Ree was Lucinda's good friend and after all of our time together the least Ree owed her good friend was a personal goodbye. Not a short-handed note.

The act was never going to work with me that Lucinda didn't mind this goodbye. I could read her easily being upset by it.

Trying to take her mind off it I made us a good breakfast which we enjoyed outside in the garden area before retreating to the warm living room to watch Netflix under a blanket.

I caught her a few times not even watching, just in her own head looking at her lap.

"Come here?" I opened my arms leaning my back down on the couch as she pressed into me. Back to the tv, her face buried in my neck. Soothingly I rubbed her back in circles and held her close letting her feel her feelings as I watched the movie.

A sudden pull to have me closer drew my attention, kissing her cheek I slid my hands up into her hair, massaging her scalp in my fingers.

"It's okay baby, shh you're okay." I hushed.

In the middle of my third movie, Lu sat up. Absently going to rub her arm bit by the irritated reddened stitches, she pressed on it instead.

"You should tell me what happened?"

"There isn't much of a story, you can gather what happened."

"I know but I want to hear it from you."

"It was just the drugs the facility had me on, I wasn't thinking clearly and they were neglectful and put me in a room with a real mirror. I was out of my mind." After a slightly uncomfortable pause, she let me hold and look at her arm as she leaned into my shoulder. Split down the tattoos on the side of her arm was a deep red slashing wound bound tightly together with numerous black stitches, it seemed a few weeks old. Gently placing my lips to the stitches my heart hurt deeply.

"It wasn't intentional Charlotte," Lucinda assured me knowing we well enough to understand how much it hurt me to think Lucinda didn't want to live anymore, "I wouldn't do that to you."

"Be honest with me Lucinda, are you okay? Like actually okay after everything?"

Her blue eyes seemed to grow big as I gave her time to think, but soon she pulled out of that venerable place.

Crawling over me I sighed, "You know you can speak to me Lu, I only want the best for you. You don't need to shelter me." I told her as her arms barred either side of my head and her body pressed up between my legs.

She nodded and took my chin kissing me slowly, a little moan slipped out as her tongue touched mine making her smile against my lips. Pecking me quickly I smiled back up at her, "love you, Volkov."

"Love you, Mrs. Volkov." She smirked and I laughed grabbing her ass in my hands.

"Thomas-Volkov."

It was her turn to laugh, "I'm not that progressive."

-

"LU!" I yelled out behind coned hands. I zoned out for a while and I could have sworn she was just behind me as we jogged down the trail.

Staring down the hill I started to get anxious that something might have happened to her, "LU?! Hurry up, are you okay?"

my body flinching to my left I stared slowly thinking I saw movement.