Chapter 25 - Tattoos revealed

Lucinda was back in her element.

She didn't sit all day and she sure wasn't taking any slack, models one after the other all-day test walked their wardrobe until it was perfect. Keeping Charlotte at a distance the workshop was almost chaotic at times, even more so after Bethany dropped a briefcase of lent jewelry from Tiffany & Co for the show. The girls scampered like frightened cats as she got both Russian barrels, bringing her almost to tears.

-

Charlotte's POV

It was around 9 pm before things died down, the hairstylists left, the makeup artists, the model horde, the laborers, Drake after visiting briefly, and finally Bethany after she dropped off Lucinda's juice order. Thankfully for her not messing that up, I was relieved I didn't have to hear another round of that.

The door clicked closed and I dropped my bag pretending to head out behind her. Rushing I almost skipped wrapping my arms around Lucinda.

"Long day boss?" I mumbled kissing behind her ear as she finished off some paperwork.

"Bethany is in charge of scheduling, if this workshop turns into a damn nuthouse again-"

"She's really getting under your skin huh?" I spoke over, quickly regretting it as she spun on me.

"Efficiency! That is what I expect, I expect it from you, I expect it from the others and I certainly expect it from my assistant."

Uncomfortable I just framed a smile before taking a seat on the workbench. Looking at my nails I flinched as Lucinda slid my glasses off, fixing my bangs while her cold blue eyes cooled.

"Drake and I got talking today, did he mention to you the dinner he's hosting at his home Friday?"

I shook my head.

"Well you're invited, I'll have Beth give you the details."

"Cool," I half sighed grabbing my things while Lucinda went back to sketching, "I'll see you later then."

I felt kind of shitty when I didn't hear anything back. Jumping into an Uber I went to my apartment. So glad I had a housekeeper in while I stayed with Lucinda my place was sparkling clean, buttttt... void of anything good in the fridge after I'd found expired milk and veg.

Gagging on the way to the garage shoot I plopped down on my bed, kicking off my pants as I scrolled through Uber eats.

"Sushi, feck yasss!" I hollered off the echoing walls, ordering myself some inside-out rolls with a side of fried ice cream.

It was a terrible idea but my body just craved garage after eating very little at Lu's.

Practically drooling on the delivery boy I slammed the door with my foot, springing to my bed before noticing I had full-on walked out there in a thong.

Throwing sushi up in the air and catching it in my mouth I thought about Lucinda.

Seems like all I think about lately.

Wishing she was with me I quietly ate while watching the lord of the rings return of the king.

Merry and pippin dancing on tables drinking had me smiling as I started to drift off.

Thuds came at the front door, freaking out I flew out of bed. Deep demonic voices bellowed and shrieked shaking the door down, flooding my apartment the orcs roared throwing furniture into the walls looking for me.