Chapter 12 Reunited at last

The Land of the Dead was grim and dull in tone, but the afterlife that resided in this underworld made it seem full of color. 

Today especially, was to be one filled with a color of bliss, of joy and commitment. 

After donning a newly managed suit, young, now undead (Y/n) had it all perfectly ready. Leaving the tailor shop that Jessica crafted and procured the suit for (Y/n); he was now prepared to be wed to someone he never expected to marry. 

But one, he was wholeheartedly excited to marry. 

Emily.

The Corpse Bride.

Head held up high, young (Y/n) made his way back to the church to see if Emily was nearly done. She hasn't seen (Y/n) in his new suit yet, so (Y/n) hopefully wishes that she will enjoy it. When entering the church, already (Y/n) saw that it was being filled with an assortment of people he has never seen before. Ranging from skeletons where it's near impossible to tell who they were when they were alive due to their removal of skin. Along with other  people who shared a similar appearance of blue lifeless skin like (Y/n). 

Closing the doors behind him, it emitted a faint sound, but enough of a sound that the entire occupancy within the church could hear. Turning their heads, they finally got to witness the groom that was to wed Emily. 

(Y/n) felt their gaunt expressionless eyes lay on him. A silent moment was exchanged, for not a single utter or word was said. The quiet church was ambient with the sounds of the wind that blew in threw the shattered windows. It all changed though, when finally a slim figure stood up and made their way towards (Y/n). 

This figure, who had the appearance of a man, wearing a dark gray tattered suit, coated in dust like he hasn't changed it ever since he arrived here in the Land of the Dead, finally approached and stood still right in front of (Y/n). 

The man was tall, a bit taller than (Y/n) in fact. (Y/n) was able to get a better look at this stranger, seeing a man with a stern expression and a very wrinkled face. His skin was blue like (Y/n)'s, though a bit duller in color, and his hair was gray in color, a bit receding but what really made him stand out was that his hands were skeletal. It made him appear even more intimidating as he silently stood there. 

Suddenly, he extended his boney hand out, reaching for (Y/n)'s face. 

Young (Y/n) was unsure as if to move away from his touch, or to let it happen. Something about this man seeped it's way into (Y/n)'s dead heart, that this man meant no harm. 

The man trickled his cold skeletal hand along (Y/n)'s cheeks, turning his head left and right gently to get a better look at the groom. 

A smile was formed upon the stranger's face, finally after moments of intense silent observation. This made (Y/n) feel so relieved, so much so that he smiled too.

Emily's Father: "Haha. A good looking and sturdy young man. Everyone, this is the boy that will wed my daughter!"

His voice rang out in an echo in the church, making everyone stand up from their pews and against the wall to come forth and congratulate the young (Y/n). 

It turns out that this man that (Y/n) found so intimidating and strange was actually Emily's father. 

Emily's Father: "Welcome to the family son."

As the other occupants in the church began to surround both (Y/n) and Emily's father, he soon embraced (Y/n) in a tight and robust hug. This caught (Y/n) off guard, but knowing that this was Emily's father instead of just some random stranger, he returned the hug. After a bit, they both let go and young (Y/n) felt pats on his back and sudden and unexpected handshakes from all sorts of folks, most he assumed were friends and family of Emily.