Chapter 9 Wedding dresses and snow

After the events of Calamity farm, Emily was eager and relieved to be heading back into town. After seeing her old friend's life end in her own arms, it filled her with a void, but it was (Y/n)'s kind and encouraging words that helped her out of her hole of somber emotions. 

Still a little overwhelmed by what transpired, (Y/n) decided to take the lead on the next date spot, and he came up with a brilliant idea. As they were traveling back to town along the road, the snow falling between the branches of the trees that lined up parallel along the road, (Y/n) wrapped his arm around Emily, pulling her closer to his side. Emily let out a little squeal of shock from how sudden the gesture was, but she soon oozed into the comforting act. 

Emily: "T-thank you..."

(Y/n): "Hmm? For what Emily?"

Emily: "Just... being there for me during that, I know I overreacted."

(Y/n): "I too would be devastated if an old friend, human or animal died. You have no reason at all to seem like you overreacted."

Emily: "You're right... have you ever had any pets or animal friends?"

(Y/n): "Once, like when I was little, around six. A cat."

Emily: "Oh a kitty! How cute, what happened to it?"

(Y/n): "Well... she was, trampled, by a horse."

Emily: "Oh my.... I'm sorry...."

(Y/n): "I didn't know her that much, only about a week, she was a stray that just wandered to me. Hung out with her a few times but... yeah I miss her."

Emily: "That is horrible... b-but hopefully we can find her too, like Charlotte when you... you know..."

(Y/n): "Haha! Don't remind me, ah here we are. Back in town."

Arriving back in town, Emily adjusts her hoodie more so that her face is more concealed, since now unlike the farm, she and (Y/n) were surrounded by people. The falling snow was making it's presence visibly known, for the streets and buildings were piling up with snow, inches off the ground. 

Emily: "Yep! So, what's next?"

(Y/n): "Actually, if you don't mind, I would love it if we could head to the tailor and I pick up a jacket, I underestimated the harshness of this cold."

Emily: "Oh..."

Wrapping her hands on the jacket that belonged to (Y/n), Emily felt bad that his generosity of giving her his own jacket, made by his mother, was making him suffer the weather of winter. Truly she wanted to take it off and hand it back to him since her, herself isn't affected by the cold temperature considering her dead status, but in doing so, it would attract everyone to them in most likely horror at the sight of a corpse walking around the town.

Arriving at the town tailor, (Y/n) opened the door and Emily was about to walk in but was stopped by (Y/n). 

(Y/n): "Actually Emily, this won't take long, and I would like it if you stayed out here for a second while I order another jacket."

Emily: "Oh it's no problem, I don't mind coming in with you."

(Y/n): "And neither would I but... I'll have to also get another shirt as well..."

Unfazed by his addition, Emily just stood there with a quizzical smile, unsure why that is also a reason why she needed to stay put outside.

(Y/n): "Which requires me to change..."