Chapter 8 Learning to say see you soon

After their delightful date at the bakery shop, Emily quickly knew where she wanted to visit next. Taking hold of (Y/n)'s arm, she lead him down a path where it lead to a more rural area of the town. After a few steps though, (Y/n) unfortunately had another episode of his violent coughing outburst, making Emily stop yanking on his arm and use the hoodie she was wearing to cover (Y/n)'s mouth. 

(Y/n): "T-thank you Emily..."

Emily: "It never gets easier seeing you like this..."

(Y/n): "I'll be okay... just got to... regain my breath..."

There, for a moment, they stood.

Letting (Y/n) rest for a bit so that he could regain his energy he lost coughing. His breath raspy, his heart slowly beating, his eyes even watering a bit, he looked awful. Emily felt powerless in this situation, unsure of how to help, or what to do. She hasn't a clue about the terrible illness that has taken over young (Y/n), all she could do is simply stay by his side.

After a minute of heaving panting and slow breathing, (Y/n) cleared his throat, which felt painful, and stated that he was now fit to continue.

(Y/n): "Okay... let's go..."

Emily: "(Y/n)... maybe we should just rest for the day..."

(Y/n): "No, I want to spend this day with you, going out to where ever you please."

Emily: "But..."

(Y/n): "No buts, I promise, I'll be okay."

She didn't buy his claim, in fact she knew he was lying, she could tell by his pale skin and difficulty standing that he was suffering, but young undead Emily felt perhaps that letting her visit these places on their little date is what is keeping (Y/n) going. Seeing her happy is what is letting him even still breath at this point. 

Emily: "Okay! I want to visit an old farm my father used to buy horses from. I loved all the animals there, I would like to see some if they're still around."

(Y/n): "A farm? I used to work on one when I was younger, so sure let's go."

Emily took her time and gently wrapped her arm around (Y/n)'s, guiding the way down the stone path leading to a valley. It was quite the distance, but would only take near on half an hour. During that half hour, Emily decided to try and take away (Y/n)'s worry of his disease and ask about his past.

Emily: "You were a farmer?"

(Y/n): "Hehe... I was once upon a time, didn't last too long though."

Emily: "How do you mean?"

(Y/n): "Well I was young, around thirteen. A kid. I mean I guess I still am, only nineteen now. But it was mainly my father's idea. Said that it was best we all pitched in if we were going to move to this town."

Emily: "You never really talk about your father."

(Y/n): "No... I like to avoid the memory."

Emily: "Oh... I didn't know he..."

(Y/n): "Yeah, a couple years back. But anyway, so there I am, a newly turned teenager, walking onto the farm asking for a job as a hand..."

During their walk, (Y/n) would discuss to dear Emily his past as a farm hand, where he would perform tasks that ranged from cleaning up stalls to feeding the horses. Emily was absorbed in his past, always eager to learn more about (Y/n), though they were destined to spend their afterlives together, she would never tire of learning new things about him.