Swinging into your life - Part one

After watching Scott and Allison's routine for the third time - really, they've been practicing for weeks, there is nothing left to practice - Stiles taps Allison out and easily takes her place in Scott's arms. He knows the steps to their routine and even if he didn't, Scott is a good leader.

"You're making too big of a deal out of this," he gently admonishes after Scott spins him back in front of him.

Scott makes a face. "I just want to make a good impression. There's sponsors watching."

"I know, I know, and potential new students for your mom's dance school," Stiles says, sashaying his hips just like Allison does in this part of the routine. Or, well, almost. He's long, lean lines where Allison has soft curves. Still, he can shimmy with the best of them.
"Oh, and don't forget that this will end up on YouTube. Alpha Swing has quite the following online."

His friend throws him out into a spin a little harder than necessary. "Shut up, Stiles! I'm already nervous enough as it is."
Nervous or not, Scott still expertly dips him at the end of the routine. "You're heavy, bro."

Stiles cranes his neck to look at him. "Nuh-uh. Lydia can throw me over her shoulder and she's like 100 pounds wet." He squeezes Scott's bicep. "Did you skip arm days, buddy?"

"Ass," Scott huffs fondly and drops Stiles in a heap on the hardwood floor.

"Hey! Watch the merchandise!" Stiles calls out from the floor, striking a pose for the hell of it. "I still have to perform too, you know!"

"Breakdancing is not on the roster today," a new voice states flatly.

Stiles looks up from his perch on the floor to see dark, gelled hair and designer stubble. He pushes himself up in a fluid motion. "Could be fun, though," he offers with a smirk. "It's been a while since I did some B-boying."
It's actually how Stiles started, together with Scott, trying to imitate the hip hop classes Melissa taught in the afternoons. The McCall Dance School was their place to be after school, especially after Stiles' mom died; they grew up on the dance floor, literally.

Same as Derek Hale did, although it was more likely a ballet school for him, but he's looking down his nose at Stiles and doesn't deem him worthy of any further conversation. The dark haired man walks to the other end of the large room to drop his bag. He's followed by a graceful, dark skinned woman: his dance partner Braeden.

"Dude, I didn't know they were gonna be here!" Scott whispers urgently when Stiles joins him, Allison and Lydia by the bench where they dropped their stuff.

The music in the room changes and another couple starts practicing their routine for the demonstration later. Stiles doesn't pay them any attention, his eyes are locked on where Derek Hale sits. "Did they run out of championships to win?" If he sounds spiteful, it's merely out of jealousy. Derek and Braeden are big names in the dancing world. They've won the world championships for Salsa dancing twice and now they're foraging out into other styles, like West Coast Swing, seemingly equally successful. Stiles has encountered them in some competitions lately and they always score high. Not as high as Stiles and Lydia in Lindy Hop, but still. He wonders if they're planning to go for the championships in this style too. He feels a little uneasy in having to take on Derek Hale as competition for the title.

"Peter Hale is Derek's uncle," Lydia interjects coolly. "Of course he's gonna be here, this is Alpha Swing's most popular event of the year!"

"What do you think they'll perform in the demonstrations?" Allison wonders. "I'm hoping for one of their Salsa routines."

"Mmm, that would be nice," Lydia answers thoughtfully, running her tongue between her teeth. Her eyes follow the dancers appreciatively. Braeden is a beautiful woman, yet there's no doubt that Derek steals the show.