The time of your life - 4. Feel the music

Stiles is stupidly nervous when he makes the trek to the employee lodgings that night. He knows that Erica is a werewolf and can heal from most injuries, yet something doesn't quite feel right about the whole thing. His worries are all for naught though, because Erica comes bounding down the steps when she spots him on the path. The whole gang is there, including Malia, and they all watch Stiles stagger under the sudden weight of a female werewolf.

"I take it that you're feeling fine?" he asks when Erica is back on her own two feet.

"Right as rain," she laughs, "but that's because we went down there for nothing!"

"We got you an appointment, that's not nothing," Boyd supplies matter of factly.

"Yeah, one that I can't keep." Erica settles back to lean against the railing of the small porch.

"Erica," Derek says ominously.

"I won't let us miss that performance, Der," she bites back. "We can't afford it."

"The appointment is on the day they have to perform at another resort." Isaac fills Stiles in while Derek and Erica have a silent battle of the wills. "They do it every year, it's in their contract. If they don't go, Argent will cut their pay significantly. They'll lose their spot for next year too."

Stiles feels a little stupid for expecting something major like an abortion to be a walk in kind of thing. Of course Erica had to get an appointment first. "I'm sure there's a solution for this," he says, thinking out loud. "Dad will probably lend you the car again and maybe you can go in on a later date?"
That gets shot down by the others because the later date is not for weeks and considered too risky. There's also no-one to fill in for Erica, because Boyd will be going with her and both Isaac and Malia have to work in the kitchen because there's a big buffet that evening.
"I could do it?" The idea is barely formed in his brain when it's already out of his mouth. "I mean, I know I'm not a busty blonde, but if anything I could put on a wig."

The werewolves stare at him for a second, probably assessing his sanity. Then they all start talking at the same time.

"That's brilliant, Batman!"

"No," Derek states firmly.

"The wig won't work, it will fall off during the lift," Malia says, like it's obvious.

"No," Derek says again.

"Actually, that might work," Boyd says and everybody turns to stare at him, Stiles included. "Not the wig, of course, that's stupid. But Stiles could learn the routine."

"No." The Alpha repeats the word again, as if the others will listen the third time.

"Yeah, Stiles could do it, sure!" Erica bounces on her feet in enthusiasm.

"The performance is less than two weeks away!" Derek starts to sound a little desperate. "Stiles can barely dance!"

"Hey!" Stiles feels the need to say something to that, even though Derek is mostly right.

"He does fine in my salsa classes," Isaac pipes up. "I think he can do it."

"He weighs about as much as Erica, I think," Malia offers. "You'll be able to lift him with ease, Derek."

"Hey!" Stiles says, because again with the insulting facts!

"I know, it's not about that," Derek says with a dismissive motion of his hand. And isn't that an interesting thought, the Alpha being able to lift him with ease?

"Come on, Der," Erica coos. "You and I both know we need that money. And the resort won't care if it's Stiles instead of me, they just want a show."