• Final: A Dangerous Escape •

They crept quietly out of the bush and headed towards the backside of the house. Just as they were about to go inside the back, Coraline was snatched by the other mother's hand.

"Wybie!" Coraline screamed kicking at the Beldam's stomach but missing. Wybie ran over as fast as possibly and once he was in contact he kicked the Beldam in the side, sending her back a little.

Coraline grasped the Beldam's firm hand on her and tried to rip it off but had no success. "Wybie! The pocket knife! Get it out of the bag!" Wybie dodged the Beldam's blows and whisked the knife out of the bag.

Wybie wiped the sweat off his head and ran towards the Beldam. He slashed at her wrist and her hand fell apart. Coraline swept the remaining bits off the hand off of her and grabbed Wybie and ran.

The Beldam quickly followed, making sure she wouldn't get her eyes off her prey.  "Wybie, we need to destroy the key." Coraline said while running.

Wybie nodded his head and stopped running along with Coraline. They both faced the Beldam as she stopped in front of them.
Coraline's eyes landed on the key dangling around the Beldam's neck.

They exchanged a knowing glance as Wybie walked forward. "Miss Beldam, why don't you try sewing buttons in my eyes." He said pointing at his eyes and sticking his tongue out.

The Beldam snarled and began to snip her needle hand at him as Wybie bolted for a tree to climb. Coraline ran behind the Beldam and ripped the key necklace off.

The Beldam whipped around but went too fast and fell to the ground. "Wybie come on! I know what to do!" Wybie ran back over to Coraline as they bolted towards the well. The way to defeat the Beldam would be to destroy the key, but they can't do that here.

Coraline threw open the door and grabbed Wybie yanking him down with her. The Beldam screamed "No!!" as they sealed the well shut once and for all. They were dangling on the small hooks of the well when they both looked over to each other and let go.

~~

They opened their eyes after what felt like a few moments later to see they were back on top of each other and had smirks on their faces. "I think we did it Wybie." Coraline said with tears of joy in her eyes. "I think we did it too, Jonsey." Wybie got up and pulled Coraline with him. They looked at each other and Wybie reached for her hand.

Coraline smiled and grabbed his hand as they walked inside of the Pink Palace. She lit the stove again and burned the key once and for all.

Wybie turned to Coraline and she threw herself on him hugging him tightly. "No more other mother." She whispered happily into his ear. Wybie smiled from the other side and stated, "No more other mother."

~~ A month later ~~

Coraline slide her oven mitts on and pulled out the fresh cookies she had just baked. She glanced over at Wybie who looked quite pathetic sitting there staring at the cookies.

Coraline placed the cookies down and walked over to Wybie. "Hey Jonsey, mind if I grab one of those?" She smirked and looked at his awful expression of puppy eyes. "Only if you kiss the cook first."

Wybie smirked back at her and plopped a small kiss on her nose which Coraline scoffed at. "That's all I get from my boyfriend?" Wybie nodded his head and began to get up for the cookies.

Coraline grabbed his hand and whipped him around lightly kissing his lips. Wybie smiled at her and then sunk his lips deeper into hers. She pulled away and stared into Wybie's deep brown eyes. "That's more like it."

Wybie grinned and grabbed a cookie stuffing it into his mouth. "Hey Coraline, where did you learn to make such good cookies?" He said spilling cookie crumbs as he talked. Coraline laughed and pulled out a little piece of paper.

"Your grandma sure does have good recipes." Wybie nodded his head and stuffed a few more into his mouth. "Well thanks Jonsey! I better be off to-"

"Finding Banana slugs?" Coraline said smirking.
"Hey! It's a science experiment! Got to find out more about them!" Coraline rolled her eyes and pecked his cheek. "See you later then Wyborn." Wybie was about to step out when he turned around back towards her.

She gave him a weird look when he said. "Hey Coraline... I think I figured out why I was born." Coraline's  eyebrows threaded in confusion while he continued. "I was born to be with you. I'm not just saying that to make things cheesy but really, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't know what I'd be without you." Coraline blushed slightly and then walked over and hugged him.

"Well, I'm glad you are with me and that we met." They stood there for a moment hugging in peace and silence letting happiness and warmth settle in around them.

Coraline slowly let go and Wybie waved to her as he scurried out and went looking for banana slugs. Coraline sighed and walked over and picked up a cookie biting down into it watching the sunset from the window.

Everyone could finally Rest In Peace knowing they will never have to face the Beldam again.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑑.

~~

Author's note:
Congrats on finishing the book! Tysm for all the support and I hope you liked it! <3 bye for now!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯 🎉