[Epilogue]

Epilogue

 "You look stunning, Honey."

Startled, Veronica whipped her head around and saw that Matt's mom was standing at the doorway. She turned back to the mirror and stared at her reflection. "Really? You think so?"

"Of course, sweetie. It's the perfect dress." Mrs. Elezar smiled genuinely. Veronica smiled back and looked at her through the mirror.

"It's.... It's been a long road, Mrs. Elezar." she looked down, unable to handle the amazing joy she was feeling right now. Here she was, about to be married to Matthew Elezar; her first and last love. "I thought... I thought we were really over."

Mrs. Elezar walked towards her and gently grabbed her shoulder, turning her body to face her. "I always knew he loved you. Those months that I was in a coma... he'd come to me every night and tell me how much he loved you, how much he wanted to be happy. But he always mentioned how much it hurt. He thought I couldn't hear him, but I did, I really did." she put a hand to her heart, "And I always knew deep down, you guys would work out. Soulmates, that's what they call it."

Veronica let out a soft chuckle before embracing her soon-to-be-mother. "You know what Mrs. Elezar, I've got the wedding jitters." she pulled away and saw a grin on Mrs. Elezar's lips.

"You should be calling me mom," she raised an eyebrow, a playful smile lingering on her lips, "And don't worry, once you're up there, you'll feel like you're floating. You won't see anyone else but him. Trust me, I've been there."

"Thanks, mom."

"That's more like it. Shall we hug before you become Mrs. Elezar?" And with that, her mother-in-law pulled her into a warm, hug.

"Enough drama, guys, shall we get this wedding started?" Bianca stood at the doorway with a grin on her face and her arms crossed.

Ever since Matt had explained everything to Veronica, she and Bianca had been good friends since then. She found out that Bianca was the personal doctor he'd hired for his mother. The only reason he went to her house often was because his mom was there. They'd agreed to keep her there since Matt didn't want her father to find out. But now, everything was fine.

Mr. & Mrs. Elezar have been reunited.

Elaiza finally got together with that waiter from the company party.

Bianca's also found a special someone, Ash.

And most of all, Veronica was soon to tie the knot with Matt.

"Shall we go, dear? Your Matt is waiting." Mrs. Elezar gestured me towards the giant doors leading to the limo.  

With a smile, Veronica nodded, tugging her white satin wedding dress up so it wouldn't touch the floor. And gracefully, she made her way towards the limo that would take her to the church.

First step to our forever together, she thought.

●●●