Chapter 48

"Tell me. Where are the children?" The Emperor asked Jason and Louis.

"... We don't know." Louis hesitantly said looking down in shame along with Jason.

"We was stabbed from behind and lost consciousness." Jason said. "We desperately tried to recover quickly." Louis said.

"But when I came to my sense... Louis already awake and wait for me." Jason said. "All that remained was this two maids on the brink of death." Louis said looking at Sara who was bleeding badly.

"I knew I must inform you, so I searched for the energy of an Imperial family member..." Jason said. The Emperor grab his collar harshly. Louis look at them in wide eyes.

"Aren't you two... The children's guardian? Why couldn't you protect...?!" The Emperor asked in rage at Jason.

Jason stare at him before close his eyes. "... My abilities are currently only slightly stronger than those of a regular human magician. Same as Louis." Jason said glancing at Louis.

"My master's don't feel even the smallest bit of pride to be apart of the Imperial family. But Louis's master is worst. Not only that she don't feel a pride, she's also hate everything about the Imperial family and herself. Which is why Louis doesn't have much more abilities like mine." Jason said. Louis glance down.

"A guardian and their masters are one. And a guardian's powers originate from their masters..." Louis said to the Emperor.

"Surely you would understand that, Your Majesty." Louis said. The Emperor look at him in wide eyes then at Jason who just glance at somewhere else.

The Emperor release Jason's collar. "... Call for the medics and heal them." The Emperor said to the knights. "U-Understood!" The Knights said and immediately dash out from there.

"Do you know who did this?" The Emperor asked them. "Three adult men with black hoods covering their faces." Louis said.

"They three used a bloodthirst magic." Louis said. "I never saw the person that stabbed me and Louis but..." Jason said.

"The maid... Said he... Called him Duke Rosea." Jason said remember when Ishina weakly told him earlier before she's pass out.

"... Duke Rosea." The Emperor said looking down. "Do you enjoy testing the people around you?" The Emperor remember Duke Rosea said when they at the prison.

The Knights and medics come at there. "... Jason, Louis." The Emperor called their name before step out. "Huh?" Jason and Louis said to him.

"I'm sorry. Especially to you, Louis." The Emperor said walked away to leaving the medics with them.

Jason and Louis look at him in dumbfounded face. "Did you just apologize to us?" Jason asked. "You?" Louis also asked him. The Emperor didn't said anything.

"If I had instilled in my children pride of being a part of the Imperial family... You would've been able to save the children on your own." The Emperor said. Jason and Louis stare at him.

"The one... At fault... Is me. I am the worst father." The Emperor said clenching his fist in anger to himself.

"Finally. Did you realized that? You're really bad." Louis suddenly said while Jason nodding beside him. The Knights and medics look at the two in shock at their bravely insults towards the Emperor.

"But you still have time to become a better father." Louis said. "Our hearts is still beating... It's proof that the children are still alive." Jason said feeling his heartbeat along with Louis.

"After they finish healing you two, take Ishina and Sara and go to Alex to get treated." The Emperor said to them. "Where are you going..." Louis asked him.