Choices

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 2

Choices

Frankie

I swear I blew that interview but then I am not exactly experienced in doing interviews either. The entire way home I thought about what happened, from the bath in green goo to Mr Sampson's lack of interest to Cade offering me the job. I should have been laughed out of the building. I should have been told that I don't meet the necessary requirements for the position.

But that didn't happen.

According to Cade, the job's mine if I want it. I'm really confused about how that happened. How did I get that job? I was completely unprepared and a bit unprofessional. But it's mine. Cade said Trent called him on my behalf. Cade said that Trent gave me a high review on everything he asked. I owe Trent for helping me get this.

And I didn't even give him a two week notice.

Smacking myself in the head I realize I owe him big time. I should offer to work weekends until he can find a replacement. It's only fair I help him out until he can find someone else for the job. I can deal with working there a little longer as long as the hours don't interfere with the new job. And the extra money wouldn't hurt.

I should swing by just to thank him and offer to help.

But what happens when I have to deal with Harper? It's only going to make things more uncomfortable than they already are. He put me in such a bad position and I know I'm going to have to be the one who gives in first. It's not like Harper will apologize for anything he's done.

He's never apologized for anything he's done. It's just not his nature. That's not to say he doesn't feel bad about what he does. Harper tries to make up for his actions in other ways. Taking on some of my chores or shutting down for me. He'll even buy me breakfast if he really screwed up. But those two little words don't ever come out of his mouth.

If he won't apologize why should I?

Getting back to the beach house, I find a note from Lily waiting for me stuck on the refrigerator. She is at work but wants to hear all about the interview tonight. So I'm on my own until six. Figuring I should at least do a little research about this company I may or may not be working for, I get my laptop from my bedroom, a cup of coffee and settle in on the couch for some investigative research.

"Drake Construction established in 1984 by Vivian and Alan Drake works in partnership with Bradford Engineering to build contemporary office buildings and prestigious new homes along the California coastline, Manhattan, New Jersey and New York with recent expansions in Texas, New Mexico and Oregon. Okay, so not a small company."

I kept reading learning that the Bradford Drake partnership is more than just those two companies, they're family. Bradford Engineering is run by Adam Bradford, who was the jerk in the elevator today and Drake Construction is run by Alan and Cade Drake. The companies are family in that Emma Drake's married to Blake Bradford. They are also partners in McConnell Sport Management and Physical Excellence Therapy for Athletes. This is where I'm supposed to work for a Mr. Tyler Emerson.

"Tyler Emerson has been a physical therapist for five years under the watchful eye of Jake Brewer M.D. The Bradford athletes, Blake and Derrick Bradford, the Segler brothers who once were baseball bad boys here on the coast and now run their own baseball camp with Bailey Segler one of the few female trainers as well as the San Francisco Forty Niners football team, all utilize the team of physical therapists and even have the therapists follow them on the road."

Oh wow, this is really out of my league.

I read everything I could find on the PT practice, the Bradford's and Drake's and about Mr Tyler Emerson himself. If I am going to take this job, I better know exactly who I'm dealing with. This isn't the Full Circle, this is big names in the sports world and I better know my stuff.