52.

*Unedited*

We arrived in bhopal.

Mia had informed Krish that they would come to visit before Aaron leaves to New York. So, Aaron can meet her mother and Krish. Aaron had booked a jet for their journey.

As soon as, Mia came out of the airport, she saw her beloved brother waiting for them. He waved at her and she waved back, smiling. Mia hugged her brother and he lifted her from the ground and twirled her in the air, before hugging her tightly.

"Krish," She was so happy to see her brother. And also suprised by how much he had grown. He also lifted her so easily, that he never did before. "How are you, Krish?" She asked when they separated.

"I am fine didi. I had missed you." Krish replied.

"I missed you too, Krish." And she had. Her brother was always her support and she didn't even had a proper goodbye with him. Nor was he present at the most important day of her life. Krish was not at the wedding because he was busy with his college admission process, he never met Aaron in person and got to know him. And he was still in the zone of an overprotective little brother when Mia introduced him to Aaron.

"Aaron, this is Krish."

"Krish, this is Aaron."

She introduced.

"Hi Krish." Aaron greeted him with a smile.

"Hi Jiju." Krish mumbled and bend down to touch his feet, very reluctantly. Aaron didn't let him and just gave him a side hug.

"You don't have to be so formal with me." Aaron said and Krish replied with an okay.

Mia thought their conversation was cute. Krish definitely trying to be accepting of Aaron as Mia had reassured him that Aaron treat her well. Krish took their luggage and put it in back.

"Di I have to tell you something. I am not sure if you like it or not." Krish said to Mia and he had a worried look on his face.

"Krish, you can tell me anything. You don't have to be so worried." She replied and Krish nodded in response.

"Mon has planned a surprise welcome for you and jiju? So, if you are expecting a small family gathering, it wouldn't be so."

Somehow that sounded like her mother.

"I am sure, it won't be that bad." Mia smiled at Krish as she ruffled his hair and he grumbled in annoyance.

"I hope so," Krish said as he opened the car door for Mia. Aaron thanked him as he sat inside the car and Mia sat after him. Krish settled in the driver seat. The car ride was mostly silent with occasionally Mia asking Krish about his college and things. She was really nervous about seeing her Mom.

When they reached her house, turned out, there were at least fifty relatives lined up for their entrance.

Mia knew it was coming but she was hoping that it wouldn't be the case.

Her house was basic, a duplex house with a small garden in front. The first thought that came into her mind, when she saw her house, was that she missed it. Her home.

It was chaos from there.

For everyone, they are still a newlywed. And as couple, as they could be. Everyone welcomed them with hugs and blessings before her mother did. She was standing at the doorway smiling elegantly with an auspicious plate with a lamp in her hand. She applied tilak on Aaron's forehead and he bowed to touch her feet. Mia's eyes met her mother and her mother smiled at her.