38 Mindless

My body is a little woozy with alcohol, but the adrenaline offers enough stability to walk straight to my room. I grab the thinnest scarf I can find and head back to the living room.

Lucas doesn't say a word as I blindfold him. "Can you see anything?" I ask, tying the knot.

"No."

"Oops, I forgot to ask, do you want anything to drink?"

"No."

His mood makes me chuckle. "Also forgot to say, welcome to my apartment."

"Gee, thanks. Loving the tour."

"Right? I like to blindfold all my guests first."

"Great."

I kiss his pouty, angry lips. "No cheating, I'll take these blinds off in a couple of minutes."

"Okay. Hurry up."

I rush back to my room, nervous as hell. But, my competitive streak has taken control. I don't know how many drunk women Lucas has dropped off, but I will make sure he forgets them all.

Would it be so terrible if I take a quick shower? I calculate the minutes in my head and reason that it'll give me more confidence if I'm fresh. So I hop in. Two minutes. Done.

I put on the blue lace lingerie with nude heels that make my legs look long and lift my booty.

I beam at the blue robe I bought from Victoria's Secret, tying the string around my waist. Checking in the mirror, I tousle my curls for a messy, voluminous look and grab a lighter on my way out.

"Almost done." I sing as I pass by him. He's leaning on the couch with legs spread wide and hands on his lap. Perfectly still. Dangerously patient.

"Did you freaking shower?"

"Maybe... " I drawl, lighting the candles around the room. Finally my production knowledge can be used for something personal. I know exactly how to light a scene and where to position each one to create a dim glow.

The golden candle holders contrast against the cool tones of my blue outfit. I position some of them on the shelves of the wall, adding backlight to my shape. Then a few textured ones from the side, adding depth to my profile.

This guy is about to get the most cinematic, private, sultry dance of his life.

"Almost done..." I repeat, scrolling on my phone for a music choice. My heart is beating so fast, it's making me lightheaded. I take deep breaths, hoping my armpits don't sweat.

I'm not sure how this will play out, but I go with a playlist I've already created from my solo dances. I've been practicing in front of the mirror for years. Something about the control of it, the seductive spell of it, has always enticed me. And now I finally get to test it.

One of the sultry songs begins to play. I push the coffee table away, freeing Lucas's lap.

He sits absolutely still as I slowly approach and stand between his legs. Looking down at him, my body heats with dark warmth and my eyes feel heavy from our arousing scene.

I take his hands and guide them over the silk on my hips, teasing his imagination. Eyes on him, I lift his hands up my waist, my breath getting heavier when he passes the sides of my breasts. I take one hand up my throat and point his thumb against my lips.

I watch his mouth part as I open mine and lick the pad of his finger. His hand around my neck tenses. He tries to pull me on his lap, but I lift my heel on the cushion between his legs.