Something Wonderful : Part Five

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Omkara was lying on his bed as he listened to one of his conversations with Gauri that he had recorded. Lately he started recording their conversations and replays it later. As he listened to one of their midnight conversations, he realized that Gauri was right, he did talk a lot about food. But she said she likes it. Omkara thinks with a chuckle. He wondered whether Gauri got back home. She was supposed to go for shopping with her mother. Today was his day off and Gauri had gone out with her mother!!! He chuckles realizing how bored he was feeling on his off day. Before he utilizes his day off to the max and now, he is simply sitting at home wondering whether Gauri will call. He decided to check whether she got back home. He dials her number. She picks the call on second ring.

"Hello Gauri!"

"Hi Rekha... How are you?" she asks back.

"Oh, you are still with your mother." he says as she calls him Rekha if her parents were around her when he calls. "okay, I will talk to you later, then."

"Okay. Bye." saying that she hangs up the call.

She had told him that her father had told her not to talk to him. He wanted to ask her then why she still talked to him but then he was a little scared to ask. As he felt that his relationship with Gauri was like a bubble that with a prick it could be broken. They were friends, maybe more but their situation was not favorable. He knew one fine day Gauri is going to realize this was not going anywhere and break it off.

Omkara was watching tv and munching on some chips while the family cook made their lunch. He hears his phone ringing and picks it up to see Rudra calling.

"Rudra! My Brother! What's up?" Omkara asks happily. Rudra was his favorite cousin, more like his brother.

"Omkara... you heard about the proposal?" Rudra asks.

"What proposal?" Omkara asks.

"My mother is going to send my proposal for Gauri, the girl you were engaged to." Rudra asks.

Omkara's heart stopped beating for a second. "How can she send that?" Omkara asks in shock.

"I know. I told her that, she can't send the proposal without asking you. She said masi gave her approval." Rudra informs him.

"Mom gave her approval?" Omkara asks shocked.

"Yes. So, I wanted to ask you whether you have any issues if we proceed with this." Rudra asks Omkara.

Omkara wanted to scream that he had issues with it then realized that he can't do that to Gauri. She has a life and she can't wait for him. He did ask her, although indirectly and she didn't say anything. Gauri had a right to a happy life and who was he to stop that? "No, I have no issues." Omkara says as he hung up the phone.

How can she do this? Why can't she leave Gauri alone? Obsessed with getting her married! As if Gauri is her daughter! Omkara cribbed and cursed as he paced in his room. It is not like Gauri was in love with me; she can marry whoever she wants! Then what about me? What will I do?

Omkara's phone rings again, and seeing Rudra's name he picks up the call without the usual pleasantries or bromance. "Yeah?" Omkara barks into the phone.

"Wow! Is everything alrite?" Rudra asks confused.

No! Suddenly you have become the bane of my existence. "Nothing... what is it?"

"I was just checking out her photo in facebook, I can't view her albums just her profile pic, so I was wondering who is she in this? There are two girls in the pic."