thirty four

Lorenzo was right. Angelina certainly did not like his answer. In fact, she detested it, she was seething with anger with her brother over his new career.

It turned out that Lorenzo has signed a contract with Shelby Company Limited. Angelina hated the work her brother was doing before she left England, but now he was in an even worse position. She was constantly worried for her brother's safety anyway, but after hearing and experiencing first hand the type of situations the Shelby's got caught up in, Angelina was even more worried.

Not to mention angry.

Lorenzo apologised profusely for getting involved with the man who broke his sister's heart, but it seemed like Angelina would never accept his apology. She felt betrayed by her brother, how could he? Lorenzo knew exactly how much Thomas had hurt his sister, bad enough to make her leave the country, and yet he still stood by him and signed a contract to work for their family company.

Angelina eventually calmed down. She was still hurting, but she knew that in theory, it wouldn't affect her life. She bit her tongue and got on with the rest of the trip, meeting Lorenzo's bride to be and visiting old friends like Charlotte and Agnes.

The day of the wedding eventually rolled around and Angelina spent the morning getting herself and Clara ready. She combed through her daughter's hair and helped her put on her shoes. She sat in front of the mirror, Clara on her lap, and smiled. It was like she had given birth to a tiny copy of herself.

Lorenzo had left early to get ready with his friends, leaving Angelina and Clara alone. Once they were ready, the two of them made their way to the church across town.

Angelina hadn't realised how many friends her brother had, or how many his new wife had. There were over a hundred people waiting outside the church, all dressed in suits and some with top hats. Angelina didn't recognise anybody, she held on tightly to Clara's hand and waited till they were told to go inside.

"Angelina! Is that you?"

She looked up and saw the first familiar face from that day. Approaching her with a huge smile on his face was Jude. He hadn't aged a day, giving her a tight hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hello Jude." She smiled, blushing slightly.

"Who's this little lady?"

Clara smiled and hid behind her mother as Jude looked down, winking at the little girl.

"This is my daughter Clara, say hello Clara."

Clara said a quiet hello and waved up at Jude.

"Is it just you two, or?"

Angelina nodded, "Yes, just us."

The pair made small talk, catching up on their lives and laughing about old times before it was time for everybody to take their seats in the church.

They all filed inside, walking down the aisle and finding their seats on a pew decorated with white and green flowers.

Angelina and Clara walked towards the front of the church and took their seats on the front row. Not long after, Lorenzo and his friends entered the church and took their places.

"Hey!" Angelina shouted over the chatter to get her brother's attention as he stood waiting at the altar, "Good luck!"

Lorenzo grinned and blew a kiss to his sister and Clara, sat side by side in their matching dresses with white flowers pinned to their chests.

The church quickly filled up and Lorenzo started to look more and more nervous. Angelina felt for her brother, knowing exactly how shaky he would feel at that moment. Her wedding was beautiful, it was everything she could ever have dreamt of, it was just a shame it was the wrong man that slid the ring onto her finger.