Chapter 1.2

Yazmin

"One, two, three, four and a one, two, three, four" Yazmin's body radiated heat as she hit the beat to the music blaring in the back ground. All ready for her friends to pick her up in half an hour, she just needed to freshen up which she had plenty of time for. Yazmin just really wanted to get this routine down for her dance classes. In black shorts and a dark red V-neck t-shirt she was happy her school didn't have a dress code, she was always warm and her body temperature was unnaturally high. Well to her anyways, her friends tell her she is like a mobile furnace.

A loud bang on the wall startled her as she wiped her head around to the noise "Hey baby girl, your friends are on the phone saying they will be here in a minute, so you might need to get ready quick." Yazmin's father a short but buff man stood at the door, With a clean shaved head and a trimmed black beard he stood only a few inches taller then her and she was 5'1". His dark skin was grimy from working on his car again in the garage. Yazmin looked up at the clock and realized she did not have half an hour she had five minutes.

"Dammit!" Cursing she rushed to the bathroom and stuck her head under the tap to wet her long raven hair down. Grabbing a towel and drying it quickly and up in a knot so she could do her makeup quickly. Grabbing her brushes she put on eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara and a deep red lip gloss, Her music still blaring away in the background. She hopped quickly to her room to grab her bag before bolting to the door.

"Slow down there tiger." Her dad grabbed her arm when she got outside, he was talking to Arianna and Raine. "You're not going to be super late so take a breather."

Yazmin laughed "Sorry dad, you know I hate keeping people waiting"

"I know you do sweetheart but be careful I don't want you getting hurt just to be early for something." The worry in Yazmin's dad's eyes made her rethink. He was always worried about her and protective ever since the accident. The one where they lost Yazmin's mother, she was running late to a meeting and was distracted and didn't see the on coming traffic. Yes, the person driving was drunk but if she wasn't so frazzled about being late she would still be here.

"I'm sorry dad, I'll be carful I promise." Yazmin jumped up to give her dad a huge hug.

"Thank you baby girl, if I lost you I don't know what I would do." He squeezed her tightly.

"I'm not going anywhere daddy, I promise." Yazmin let go of her dad and pecked his cheek.

"By the way I love the new style, but I don't think you would like to bring this to school" he grabbed the towel still on her head and threw it over his shoulder.

"Oh come on Mr. Francis! I wanted to see how long she would go without noticing!" Raine said through the open window.

Though her skin was darker you could see the blush coming up on her face "Thanks daddy, at least someone loves me!" Yazmin whispered before she turned to Raine and shouted at her. Raine was laughing holding her sides as Arianna just looked at her with a smile.

"Have a good day at school girls!" Yazmin's dad stepped back waving as he went back in the house.

Yazmin hopped in the back seat of the SUV and threw her bag behind her. "Hey girlies"

"Hey Yaz" they said in unison as Arianna pulled out.

"One more stop and then we can get to school and finish the homework some people didn't finish" Arianna glanced to Raine and then at the mirror looking at Yazmin. Who both had grins on their faces from ear to ear. Arianna just shook her head and focused on the road.

"Hey Rai?" Yazmin scooted up on the seat.

"Yes?" Raine looked back at her.

"You should call V and make sure she is good to go. We all know she takes forever to get ready, needing to straighten her hair and doing her make-up she isn't like us." Yazmin suggested.

"Don't worry, I already texted her and she said she is all good to go, she is just finishing her breakfast with her mom." Raine said with a hint of accomplishment.

"Holy shit it's a miracle!" Yazmin laughed sitting back in her seat. "Someone mark it on the calendar, Nevaeh is ready and on time! Oh wait no, she is early!" Yazmin threw her hands in the air as if praying. "Hallelujah!"

The Redeemersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें