Two

Being bored with a lack of things to do in his master's absence was no longer an option with the manors new resident ghost.

The ghost seem to know exactly when it was getting a little dull around the manor because that was the exact time the specter would begin to pull their little tricks and pranks.

Whenever the butler would go about cleaning the manor he would occasionally find his cleaning supplies out of place or missing, only for it to return to its correct spot a day or two later. Alfred would sometimes find the TV on to cartoons in the living room or a console and controllers set out in the game room.

Alfred also found a reoccurring theme with the books that would go missing from the library and end up found in the master study, they were mostly about either astronomy or superheroes.

The butler figured that the ghost was an astronomer and taking into account that the manor did not house many books on astronomy, Alfred took it upon himself to acquire more books on the subject. The man was delighted when he found all of the newly acquired books in a pile on the desk in the master study, the desk chair was pulled out and one of the books was open with it's pages being flipped through seemingly by the wind flowing through the open windows of the study.

However, both the butler and the ghost knew that it was no such wind slipping through those pages and they both knew that the other knew it too.

Alfred left the ghost to their reading then, pleased with the positive outcome to the situation. The butler thought back to when the ghost was attempting to play the piano, perhaps some beginner pianoist books would be welcomed by the man's ghostly roommate as the astronomy books were.

The butler made a note to add acquiring those such books to his agenda.