Chapter 2: A Kid

Around two hours after school I was sat at the desk in my room completing my history homework; I'll admit it was strange writing about my Father but then again it kind of wasn't since I didn't exactly know him personally or my Mother, although Peggy Carter knew I existed but since she had a family of her own I didn't want to ruin what she already had and anyway my family was SHIELD and this life was everything to me.

Thankfully not many people knew who my parents were, to everyone below my rank I was just an orphan Coulson found fifteen years ago, everyone who did know my story are higher than me, retired or have passed on. Director Fury, Maria Hill, Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton were the only ones currently at SHIELD who knew everything.

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

Someone tapped my door.

"Come in if you know what ended the second world war," I said in a bored tone; I knew the answer, I just wanted to see if they did too.

Clint walked in. "Errrr people, guns and a white hanky?" He suggested as he stood in the doorway.

I sat up and laughed lightly. "What's up?" I asked. "Need help training?"

"Oi you were good this morning but not that good, I could kick your ass if I wanted to!" He stated as he playfully pinched my cheek. "Fury wants you in on this new mission, shadowing you know, learning some new skills with the big boys."

My eyes went wide. "Serious?" I asked. "And big boys you mean with you and Nat, I loved that mission in Cyprus last year. Is it going to be like that?"

"You gotta put your big kid boxers on," Clint told me. "This is a serious mission Seven, are you up to it?"

I was desperate to go on a mission with Clint and Natasha together again, they were both idols within SHIELD; You didn't just want to be an Agent, you wanted to be the next Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff.

"Hell yeah," I said with confidence. "I have trained so hard these last few weeks."

Clint hummed. "Mission briefing, come on!" He told me. "Don't bring your homework."

I shut my school book and quickly followed Clint. We made small talk as we walked the corridors of HQ, he asked how my schooling was coming along, if I was enjoying that small part of normality and I asked him how his family was, living a simple life away from all this craziness; Clint was a top Agent when I was growing up in SHIELD, he taught me how to fire an arrow and a gun, I saw him as a big brother and his family were the sweetest, they were incredibly nice to me whenever I went over.

"Hey after the meeting wanna grab take out?" Clint asked. "I'm feeling Chinese."

I hummed. "Oh I could kill for that," I told him. "I'm feeling noodles though."

Clint nodded. "You buying?" He asked with a laugh as we walked up to the briefing room door but Clint hesitated. "Be cool when we go in okay," He told me. "Professional."

"Aren't I always?" I asked as I placed my hands on my hips.

Clint raised a brow. "Meeting with the president?" He reminded me.

I shrugged. "I was eight years old," I pointed out. "His dog was so damn cute and the lamp was already broken!"

Clint sighed then pushed the door opened; Fury was stood by the board looking at the door way, Natasha was sat in a chair near a man with dark brown hair and glasses looking very nervous, further round was a very well built man with shoulder length wavy blonde hair who was dressed in armour and wore a cape, the next person round had dark hair, a goatee and a flashy suit then last was-